What's wrong with the buck

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
So my friend brought her buck and doe over to show me what's going on. She put the doe in the bucks cage and she basically immediately laid down with her tail up. He mounted and went at it and eventually slumped but he didn't fall off. Is he finishing or not? What can she do to help this issue?

So they don't always fall of huh? She thinks he is doing his thing when he like flops down on top of her. He is a pretty big buck so maybe he's not as springy? So he don't jump back?.. Also when we picked him up his little heart was racing and he was breathing really heavy lol

It may or may not have taken, but always assume it did. Write down the date and put in a nestbox in 28 days (when you are breeding your buns).

I had one that did a backflip :lol: (had I known that wasn't the "norm" I totally would have videoed it!), and then another that just kinda slumps and slides off to the side. Another screamed :x . Part of it might just be personality. Mark the date, and in 31 days you'll know ;)

Mine all do some type of fall off when it works, and I have had one who fell off but didn't get seamen in the right spot and only ever produced 1 baby.....they are all different and you can have litters with no fall off or fall offs that don't take, both are possible.

macksmom98":ajb9krc9 said:
Mine all do some type of fall off when it works, and I have had one who fell off but didn't get seamen in the right spot and only ever produced 1 baby.....they are all different and you can have litters with no fall off or fall offs that don't take, both are possible.

The seamen made me chuckle--just pictured those sailors on a quest :D

Rainey":v97l7j3o said:
macksmom98":v97l7j3o said:

The seamen made me chuckle--just pictured those sailors on a quest :D

well, that's kind of accurate, right?? :lol:

Latest posts

Back