What's up with the Mini Lop club?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PulpFaction

Reaction score
Just checked in to the ARBA website to renew my membership and saw that the Mini Lop club's charter has been revoked. What's going on with all that?

The Club had been having problems for a while but it lost it's charter for a few different reasons but the main one was because they had problems with their president not really being proactive and not finishing things on deadline and a general lack of communication on the board of directors.

Oh, come on, the paperwork isn't that hard, and all the president does (unless it was a revocation for cause) is sign the annual paperwork after the secretary does all the hard work.

Me thinks that ARBA has others ready to assume the breed club, or is doing it to make them get their ducks in a row.

I quit paying for the Netherland Dwarf club because after several years they never put my name on the website.i emailed several times i got no response.

it took the ANDRC less than 3 days to add us to their breeders list... however... still waiting on the Holland Lop Rabbit Specialty Club to add us after it being almost 5 months now

The Mini Lop Club has quite a mess on its hands. The director for my area sent us an e-mail with the specifics when was first announced and there were some big issues, warnings, and missed deadlines that led to this point. I am disappointed in the way things went down and for other reasons. They cost quite a bit more than most other breed clubs to join, yet their website hasn't even been updated in forever. It still shows the old president and the breeder's directory is pathetic. I love this breed and plan to continue raising Mini Lops regardless of how trashed the breed club may be, but I find it laughable how I joined the LRCA and it had all kinds of problems and semi-fell apart. Then I joined the Harlequin club and there was drama galore before things calmed down, and now this. Starting to lose faith in the productivity, honesty/openness, etc. of breed clubs in general.. at least where rabbits are concerned.

Lauren

Latest posts

Back