What's the temp where you are?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-HRanchito

Reaction score
Its 100 degrees in the shade today, and probably for the next several weeks. It's actually not terrible, because the humidity is almost zero up here in the high desert, but i've clipping down all the angoras. Most of 'em seem lazy but okay and ignoring their frozen bottles. Brought in my black bunny because of some wetness on the face, and his new quarantine cage is hotter than the bunny barn :( . I trimmed his mane and his butt hair, so he isn't pretty, but he's definitely feeling better. :lol: What about your area, and what are you doing to keep the buns cool/how are they coping?

It is 93 degrees, with 23% humidity. Everybunny is fine.

The humans, on the other hand, have been very busy working in the garden, and are sprinkling themselves with the hose periodically!

87, but probably hotter in the sun. The heat is on! i go out periodically to check on everybun, I put the dogs in the crates in the barn, which is cooler than the house. Either I need to plug up the window ac unit or sleep on the couch tonight.

91, 49% humidity so 96 heat index. My heart condition has decided it can't deal with this heat. Going to check rabbits soon and put the new ones outside hopefully as the temp starts to lower. It's only suppose to be mid to low 80s rest of the week.

Ranchito,

I am in NW Oklahoma and we have been having 90s quite a bit the past few months. Luckily, we also have a wind with those temps and generally low humidity. I have had the adults clipped since May 1st and will clip them and the 2 juniors at the end of this month again. I have 2 juniors (will be 6/8 for nationals) and one adult and 7 (will be juniors) that I want to take to nationals :)

The one EA doe that won't be going to the show will be kept clipped each month this summer. The others will probably have to move into the house, but the adult buck is house broken and will teach the other younger ones the same. However, I will have them housed in a cardboard corral rather than cages as it will give them more room individually and collectively. I will be sorting bucks from does :)

It's been very, very mild until today. 97 with heat index of 107. MISERABLE!

It's 86 Fahrenheit here - hotter than it was in mid-afternoon! Heat index makes it feel like 100. This is quite hot for us... From mid-June to the end of July we get some days like this, but many more in the mid-to-high 70's. I hate really hot weather... but it sure does bring the garden along fast!

We hit a high of 88. Thankfully we had a breeze all day, kept the air stirring.

We live on a ridge and are a bit cooler than the valley locations.

We also have lots of trees to help shade things...people and critters...

Had the fans running on high in the barn... and turned off all lights and did Not enter until chore time... to help keep them calm and undisturbed. So far everybunny is alright.

We hit 99F with a heat index of 110F. For comparison, yesterday was 81F.

I spent most of my day swapping tiles out and making sure buns were not too hot. Even put the sprinkler on and set it so it was just hitting the very front of the hutches. At first the rabbits were not happy but then they started coming to the front, getting wet and hopping back out of the water. It definately cooled them down and then they were watching my son run through the sprinkler, it seemed to amuse them watching him.

My Beverens which came from NC did slightly better than my son's rabbit from a neighbor, I think the Beverens are more adjusted to a higher temperature.

ollitos":2ej18uny said:
It's been very, very mild until today. 97 with heat index of 107. MISERABLE!

Nights the last two weeks were wonderfully cold and crisp! Should be like that always.<br /><br />__________ Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:53 pm __________<br /><br />
Typykal":2ej18uny said:
78 and gorgeous...I know...shouldn't have mentioned it... :cool:

Anytime temps go over 78 or there's humidity at all, I'm definitely jealous of those far up north!

Don't be too jealous, the more rain we get the bigger the mosquitos get. Right now they're about the size of a small plane and are able to carry off small unsupervised children

It got to 89*F here, with 94% humidity. And everybunny's doing fine, thankfully. :)

9:30pm and it's still 81*. :?

Typykal":815qf9d1 said:
78 and gorgeous...I know...shouldn't have mentioned it... :cool:
Yeah... everybody gets mad at me in the winter. I'm like, What? It's 72* here...

Of course, I'm also wishing it would actually get COLD! :lol:

Mid- to upper-80s and rainy this week so far, after low- to mid-90s last week and weekend. Expecting upper 90s into the weekend though. :(

Apple Cider":wkcfs35o said:
ChickiesnBunnies":wkcfs35o said:
96F, 100 heat index and humidity out the wazoo.
:yeahthat:

Same here. We have had so much rain the last few days, I'm surprised our hill is not floating away!
shrk.gif
Cooler today, thankfully.

Back