What's in your rabbit first aid kit?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judymac

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
What supplies do you think are essential for a well-stocked rabbit first aid kit? I know here emergencies usually occur in the off-hours, when you can't rush to a store a purchase supplies. So what do you keep on hand to deal with emergencies?

What supplies do you think are essential for a well-stocked rabbit first aid kit? I know here emergencies usually occur in the off-hours, when you can't rush to a store a purchase supplies. So what do you keep on hand to deal with emergencies?
In my stash I have small sharp scissors, scalpel, nail clippers, syringes from 1mL to 5mL, digital thermometer, mineral oil, Benebac, Critical Care for herbivores powder, Nutri-drops for Rabbits, neomycin oral, Corid, Safeguard, ivermectin. In the freezer I keep frozen goat colostrum, and frozen goat milk and/or powdered Esbilac goat milk puppy milk replacer.

I have a medium-sized plastic bin with a ventilated lid and a water bottle hanger, plus a heat lamp, for ICU purposes.

Raspberry leaves/canes and willows are in the yard, available through most of the winter (the raspberry leaves are dried then).

I also have used supplies from our home first aid stock like betadine, neosporin, saline solution, gauze pads, baby wipes, paper towels, superglue, and needles and thread.

Last edited:
Simethicone (Baby gas drops), Meloxicam(painkiller), feeding syringe and stuff to feed like Critical Care.
A stash of dried apple leafs, nettles, and other yummy stuff if there's a bout of appetite loss.
And antibiotic eye drops, but I can't get those legally without prescription.
I've gotten polysporin eye drops off the shelf before. For a while it was behind the counter but not requiring a prescription. Now it's back on the shelves.

Latest posts

Back