What's Going On With His Ear?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, the last couple days he hasn't been scratching or head shaking very much, but the tipping has gotten worse, one of his ears was half flopped, the other was tipped to about a quarter of the way down. I'm thinking it might be the VitA problem, because the ears feel different where it's tipped compared to where it isn't. At the top, it feels thinner, less developed than it does further down.

I did treat with olive oil tonight, in case it's ear mites. He hadn't been scratching at his ears much, nor doing much head shaking that I'd seen, but it felt like a better safe than sorry situation, and I don't feel I'm doing much to help, even though I've started feeding him various foods rich in VitA. He seems to think he's gone to heaven, as I've got something tasty for him whenever I come in. No one else in the house has shown any signs of ear mites, or any signs of similar issues.

I'm not sure what else to do at this point, other than keep hoping and checking. I did get him on the scale before I treated his ears, and he's still gaining weight. Up to 4lbs 11oz, so a 2lb gain since I got him.... 2 weeks ago. Wow, I can't believe it's only been 2 weeks! Feels like I've had him forever.

Latest posts

Back