What would make a good video subject?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangerbunny

Reaction score
Recently I've been getting a lot of questions, about rabbit raising and pet care. I was thinking of putting together some simple youtube videos. Like "how to trim nails", "basics of breeding and palpating", "how to evaluate a healthy rabbit"
Anything you would like to see done?

How to pick up a small bunny/a medium bunny/and a large bunny. Ideas are the same but mechanics are different depending on the size.
How to flip the bunny on their back (and manage not to break their neck or get clawed to death)
How to handle a bunny who doesn't want to be handled

LOL can you tell what I struggle with?? What is most important in these videos is showing WHERE to place your hands/fingers on the rabbit when performing these maneuvers, to the point of being so obvious about it you wonder how people manage to tie their own shoes.

I'd like to see them! Actually.... something that would be cool is to maybe have members with different breeds, housing, etc. from RT do some. I'd like to see the care and handling of a ND vs. a Flemish Giant, etc. Some kind of "how to" video library would be pretty cool.

I was thinking about doing this at one point on the subject of colonizing rabbits the good and the bad about it.

Definitely nail trimming... when to start, how often, how to get a bunny used to it, what if you have one that doesn't like it, etc.

Selecting a cage or pen etc... how tall if it has an open top? How much room is needed vs. how much can be comfortable... What toys and chewing materials are safe? Is there anything I should avoid? What about cleaning products?

If you had an emergency and needed to get a rabbit out quickly.... is there a good/safe way to do that with an animal that's freaked out and doesn't want to be handled?

michaels4gardens":1pnlw47q said:
http://rabbittalk.com/post228102.html?hilit=butt%20bath#p228102 [how to butt bath a aggressive rabbit]

Yeah... definitely want to avoid "nipple removal"... that doesn't sound good. :shock:

Back