What to call this color?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Buns

Reaction score
Is a broken black charlie with orange lacing on the ears a tri charlie?

If you breed a tri to a broken is that like breeding broken to broken?

Is a tri technically a broken?

__________ Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:50 pm __________

qwewrwe.jpg

Yes, if I recall correctly, a tri is a broken harlie. So breeding a broken to a tri is breeding a broken to a broken.

As far as charlies go, I don't totally get all of that, with false charlies and everything. :shrug:

Tri is a broken harlequin. Tri x other broken color does mean you are breeding 2 brokens, so a TRUE charlie is possible. If it was a solid parent instead of another broken (black, blue, otter, etc) then it would be a false. One spot can make the difference in telling if its a charlie tri or charlie broken black...that is not just a broken, it's a charlie tri or possibly a harlequinized otter as it looks like the orange/tan is not quite through each ear but in streaked places were tan on an otter would normally be present. Wait a bit to be sure. The ej (correct me if wrong on exact series, its the harlequin set) can cause streaking and barring on other colors like otters and castors. <br /><br /> __________ Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:28 am __________ <br /><br /> A charlie, true, bred to any solid will always give you a broken litter (or tri color when you take into consideration it is just a broken). There is some debate, in some places, that to be a true charlie they will not have a nose marking. I have *never* found that to be true with my breedings. If it is from 2 brokens, has less than 10% color, its always thrown brokens when bred to a solid no matter the number of times.

Latest posts

Back