what the heck!!!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastelsummer

Reaction score
my does keep making nests but then the next day they uncover the babies and they die!!!! What is going on? it is frustrating me so much, i have lost close to 20 babies in the last month! i took them out of the colony and out them in seperate cages and it still didnt help with the next litters

I'm not experienced enough to give any solid advice, but I think I read a post on here somewhere that said you could take the kits inside your home and bring them out to mom once or twice a day, but otherwise keep the kits out alltogether.

Can someone clarify; in case I'm giving wrong info?

I would pull the kits, you don't even HAVE to bring them in. If you havea dry shelf or a spare cage you can leave them outside and just let momma feed.

I agree, take the nestbox out between feedings and keep it in an empty cage or somewhere else where it is safe. People bring the box inside in winter, when the temperatures in the rabbitry fall to levels dangerous to the kits, but this time of year it should not be an issue.

Latest posts

Back