what record forms?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowbelle

Reaction score
I'm just getting restarted in meat rabbits after many years, and need to know where to get (or do I make my own) record forms. Not pedigrees, but barn records on production for the year. I know some feed companies have some, but I haven't found just what I want. Do any of you have any suggestions?

Your best best is to make your own. In rabbits they are called "hutch cards."

Feed companies used to make them. I haven't seen any in a long time.

You can see samples in the Bob Bennet books "Raising Rabbits the Modern Way" or the updated version "Storey's Guide to Raising Rabbits."

A lot of breeders are using spreadsheets to track production.

If you use Evans rabbit breeder software, it not only creates pedigrees, but also creates reports and production records and job calendars. Works with Windows, not Mac
http://evans-software.com/winrbro.shtml

Have a good day!

What kinds of things should be kept track of on a hutch card? I know the basics, litter size, ect, but what have you guys put down?
Cowbelle, I don' know if you have a google account, but They have some pretty cool document things, and there is a spreadsheet plan I imagine would work well

Well, fortunately or unfortunately, I do work on a Mac. so I guess the one program isn't for me. I do have hutch cards, but want a larger format for the more permanent records. I'll do my own, I guess.

Judith

You could check out Kintraks.http://www.kintraks.com/downloads.htm They make a version for MAC. It's a good product, and since you're really just looking for basic records, why reinvent the wheel? :D Kintraks may work well for you.

Shara, my basic record is Name, tattoo number (if applicable), sex, father, mother. With the does, I add a line about litter size and weight of kits. Also a section with how much feed for anyone in a cage who gets measured feed. (Like: 3/4cup oats/wheat mix and handful alfalfa). That's in case I need to have someone else feed the critters.

Thanks - I'm downloading Kintracs now, but it looks like basically a pedigree form, right? I really want to keep track of breedings, number of kits born, weaned, and weights.

Kintracs will do all of that, but I don't know exactly if the free version will. I got the free version and liked it so well I bought the full version (life time support and updates) It is not very expensive at all.

I think one can buy hutch cards from Klubertanz or any of the other suppliers. It seems to me that one used to be able to buy them from ARBA also.

I got 3x5 hutch card holders for my cages and I simply use heavy-duty index cards. (Heh, if you do this cut off the end of the cards about 1/2" and center them in the holder. Bored rabbits are very ingenious about being able to pull them out and eat them if there is the slightest bit sticking out past the edge)

Latest posts

Back