What is this?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:( I have never seen that. Leaves (I assume those are leaves?) look similar to "Pony's Foot", but that grows along the ground, and the stems hit in the middle of the inside of the "U".

Nope, not pony's foot. Those are seed pods (flat ones) at the top.

I'm also voting pennycress. Dead ringer.
fieldPennycress1.JPG

Also, it's (supposedly) becoming a common crop for biodiesel. Who knew?

Sweet thanks guys! I knew you would come through. It wasnt fed to the rabbits...the 5 year old thought it would be fun to chew on one of the pods....who knew what she was thinking. She only chewed it so I wasnt too worried and is totally fine but I wanted to see what it was for future reference.

Tegan":f8k5zq63 said:
Sweet thanks guys! I knew you would come through. It wasnt fed to the rabbits...the 5 year old thought it would be fun to chew on one of the pods....who knew what she was thinking. She only chewed it so I wasnt too worried and is totally fine but I wanted to see what it was for future reference.
My kids do that to me all the time. I have the Master Gardener at the university extension on speed dial. :lol:

I wouldn't worry about the kids getting into it, though. Apparently the Iroquois used it extensively as a medicinal, so the errant chew might just help her digestion. :p

If you haven't seen this before you are lucky. It's a horrible weed around here. My hay field is covered in the stuff to the point I won't feed our own hay to the rabbits. First cut also goes to the cattle since that's when there are the most flowers. We use 2nd and 3rd cut for the horses.

Back