What is the result?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I don’t have a choice one am not the one breeding them. Could I get some one ear up and one ear down rabbits? And what type of Charles orange or chinchilla?

I'm not a proffesional, But i think it's rare to have a rabbit with one ear up and one down

Over the years I've seen several rabbits with one ear up and one down. The kits can have any combination either parent's genes carry.

Actually you could have frosties. chin cancels all the yellow fur, and red/orange cancels all the black fur. You get what appear to be white rabbits with brown eyes.

Regarding pattern you would get 50% broken and 50% charlies. 0 solids. So if they LOOK solid, they are frosties, and you just can't see the spots. Or they are REW...

You could also get REW if they both carry that.
You could also get broken/charlie agouti
You could also get broken/charlie black
You could also get broken/charlie chocolate

You likely will not get broken/charlie red or broken/charlie chin. But you COULD.....Lol. Sorry I am aware this is not very specific. The issue is that both could be carrying an albino/REW gene, and if so, that changes many things! If they have a litter, then I will have more guesses about what is going on.

Latest posts

Back