What is he?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trevor

Reaction score
This is my 7 yo buck. From what I've guessed, he is a Dutch/ Dwarf mix. His coloring is Black otter with a vienna wedge and blue eyes. Any guesses?
April302011012.jpg

I is sleeping
April302011011.jpg

April302011008.jpg

NOM NOM NOM

Trevor

He looks like a crossbreed to me,
not all Dwarf. The ears are just too large
for a Dwarf. If he is a Dwarf, he is a BUB.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Sweet. That's pretty much what I figured with the Vienna genes, which I figured he got from some Dutch background, But I'm no expert.

Vienna does not cause the dutch pattern. A vienna marked rabbit can have no dutch in the background and have dutch markings. The dutch breed markings are caused by the dutch gene designated du. Such a complicated gene designation to remember. :p: The vienna gene causes the bew when they have 2 copies of the gene or can cause vm rabbits like that in the single form but not all rabbits carrying it will have markings or blue eyes. Some look normal and you don't know they carry it until you breed them and get actual BEWs or rabbits with weird white markings and random blue eyes.

akane":3ke4nrh2 said:
Vienna does not cause the dutch pattern. A vienna marked rabbit can have no dutch in the background and have dutch markings. The dutch breed markings are caused by the dutch gene designated du. Such a complicated gene designation to remember. :p: The vienna gene causes the bew when they have 2 copies of the gene or can cause vm rabbits like that in the single form but not all rabbits carrying it will have markings or blue eyes. Some look normal and you don't know they carry it until you breed them and get actual BEWs or rabbits with weird white markings and random blue eyes.
Oh, ok :]

Beach Bunny":3ke4nrh2 said:
He is cute ..thats what he is :)
I feel the same, Thank you.

He's beautiful! If he was part dutch though, I'd expect him to have more dutch markings than just the blaze. He doesn't have a saddle or stops (as far as I can see) and wouldn't he have brown eyes? (I am no geneticist ;) )

ladyhen":16oeg3we said:
He's beautiful! If he was part dutch though, I'd expect him to have more dutch markings than just the blaze. He doesn't have a saddle or stops (as far as I can see) and wouldn't he have brown eyes? (I am no geneticist ;) )
Mhm, your right, he just has a blaze. Regardless, I still love him.

Back