What I'M up to these days!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cattle Cait

Reaction score
If you don't know me, it's because I haven't been on RT in a loooooooong time, long enough that I think I need a reintroduction, and an update for my old friends :)

- I now have Silvers. I love them and they're cuddly.
- In August, I'm moving to Vermont to study Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems at Sterling College, which is a little hippie college.
- I'm now the Director of Promotions at my job. This means I organize sales and marketing, events, promotional materials, things like that. My place of employment is a very high end pet supply store, I've become some sort of animal nutritionist along the way. Hello expensive dog food...
- My boyfriend flies helicopters for the National Guard and thinks it's very cool that I'm moving to Vermont and becoming awesome. Today he buried my two dead geese, and it's his job to hold my goat's head while I'm milking. I caught him cutting wood with my dad this week. It's getting kind of adorable.
- I'm borrowing two milk goats from a friend of mine. They make lots of milk and it's overflowing my fridge.
- This college I'm going to is allowing me to bring my rabbits with me. AWESOME?!
- I got a new old truck. I'm the proud owner of a 1994 2-door GMC Yukon with a hole in the gas tank and electrical issues. What a combo, eh?

So, that's my life in a nutshell. I've been working, writing for Grit magazine still, milking, and sometimes falling asleep on my boyfriend's couch because I'm far too old to stay up past nine. :)

Wow, it's amazing how quickly life can bring changes. You've got a lot going on.

Your post sounds so...happy. I am so glad things are going well for you.

Oh...your boyfriend thinks it's cool that you're "becoming awesome"? Too late.

*hugs* and *hopes that you stop by from time to time*

Sounds like you have an exciting life that's heading in a direction you love! So glad that there is an educational system out there that respects agriculture and supports it's students. My daughter (23) is a bit of a hippie, though I call her my little Bohemian - she needs to attend a hippie college instead of one in uber liberal city life So Cal lol. Also, the boyfriend sounds like a keeper - I think he probably meant MORE awesome! Welcome back from a newbie!

One never knows what the rising of the Sun will bring.
Enjoy your adventures while living your life.
Nine pm is a good time to settle in for the night.

Once you've entered the "golden-years" of your life, if you can look back
with confidence knowing it's been a life worth living, you're a success.

The stumbles and bumps along the way just made it a little more interesting.

Good luck.
grumpy.

Latest posts

Back