What happened during this mating?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling that the doe breeder had it and it was passed to the litters from the mother. I got two does from her litters and they infected my bucks.

I just need to do some more research and figure out if I can dose the pregnant does and how hold the kits need to be to be treated.

from what I am reading - it seems as if the does, may lose the litters, if dosed. But it seems as if it can cause sterility, so they may not have took... no litter to lose. The exert I posted, does not recommend dosing babies.
- This lady you bought the bucks from, can you ask her, subtly, how the sire of those babies mates? If something has happened to her rabbitry, she may not have mentioned it, thinking that it did not get, to the rabbits you have. It may change her timeline. It may cause a mess, though. It seems as if you can clear it up, with antibiotics, and then see if you can take a swab, and have the vet test it, once you think they are clear. Would save you an office visit.

I own the sire of the bucks used during these matings. I bought him as well. All three of these bucks bred with no problems. It's the does that I think brought the disease into my herd.

Yah, we need to order the penG and start dosing.

Woop, edit what I wrote, and replace buck with doe. My lower back has been out (great pain, some spasms) and sometimes, my mind is has not been staying on track.<br /><br />__________ Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:16 pm __________<br /><br />Qustion - when was the first time you bred those does? There is an incubation period.

I understand that. I have a bad back as well and there are days when I'm lucky to form complete sentences.

Latest posts

Back