What does B/C on pedigree stand for and color of my doe

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckcs

Reaction score
IMG_6729_zps51302abf.jpg

On her pedigree there is B/C on some rabbit colors what does that stand for?

What color is she and her genetics code? Her pedigree colors are below, parents on up
Fawn, Black Tort
Opal, Chestnut, Chocolate Tort, Tort
Tri Blue Fawn, Orange, Fawn, Tri Color, Fawn, Tri Color, Harlequin

I bred her with an orange buck (her brother), the 4 babies were Orange, Fawn, Her color and an orange that has some shading on the ears and nose. Looked like an Orange Tort but wasn't much in the way of tort markings.

Huh. I have never seen colors not written out in full on a pedigree, so my best guess would be broken chocolate or broken chestnut.

I've no idea what "B/C" stands for except Broken ? Colour ? Chestnut ? Chocolate ?

Your doe is a tort of some sort and I believe she has the wideband gene which minimizes tort markings and extends the yellow/fawn/orange/red colour

Im pretty sure she is not black or blue (not smokey enough) so I'd say chocolate tort

= aa bb C_ D_ ee ww

The B/C on the pedigree is listed before the color on three of the rabbit B/C Orange, B/C Fawn, B/C Blue.

Thanks for the color code information :)

Not meaning in a bad way, but are you sure its B/C and not V/C? I know some hand written pedigrees can be hard to read :/

Otherwise, the only other B/C I can think of is for Broken Charlie. Is that possible?

Becky":3ut18duu said:
Could it possibly be an abbreviation of a rabbitry name?

Hah! You may be right! Is it in the space where the rabbit's name is supposed to be? Because a lot of breeders will just put their rabbitry name followed by the color of the rabbit if it isn't a keeper.

Latest posts

Back