What do you use for ear marking? EDITTED

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SheShedAcres

Reaction score
I have researched and found that I would like to use the clamp style ear tattooing for our kits. Can you tell me what you use, what color ink, and why you like the particular method? I am getting ready to buy and I am not sure in which direction to go. No pens please.

Edited to add: what brand of tattoo device you use? Why?

Last edited:
I use the clamp. And use Black ink that came with the kit itself. Mine holds up to 5 digits. And works great! I believe I payed around 50.00$ for it and I have used it for about 40 rabbits it does an outstanding job. 100% recommend it I believe the brand is called “Jeffers”. I’ll attach pix of a rabbit BECD7CEC-DC1F-42BD-8956-3D27B26CB300.jpegI’ve tattooed if you zoom in you can see the ear. Of course it’s not the greatest pic cus it wasent taken of the ear, but anyways.

Well, I have always just used the battery operated tattoo pens and they work really well for me. I have heard of the ears being torn by the clamp style if they jerk. Can I ask why you don't want to use a pen?

I have not purchased anything yet for tattooing my rabbits. I am leaning toward buying the Inkinator Tattoo pen from KW Cages, but I will be watching this thread to see what others are liking about using the clamp-style, too.

Latest posts

Back