What do you think ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamerz

Reaction score
I am looking for honest opinions. My elder son (adult) hopes to show her in several upcoming ARBA shows & we have never shown before.

Jersey Wooly young doe pointed white color She comes from a show breeder who would like her shown.
[album]469[/album]

Jane

Jane, I will tell you the same thing that I tell everyone else. Enter the rabbit at the show and see what happens. Everyone has to start somewhere, and doing so this way is very low risk.

Your son may very well find, like I did in the spring of 1978 when I was a mere 13 years old, that it's something he enjoys very much. If he doesn't enjoy it, he's not in deep enough to even notice.

I'm no judge of the breed standard, but she certainly is beautiful! If the breeder hopes she will be shown, it seems to me that is a good indication that he is proud to have her associated with his herd... which should mean she has a good chance of doing well.

It looks really nice(head and ear wise)I wish her head went right into her shoulders instead of a dip between the head and shoulder.(if you can see what i saying.) but the point color is very light and thats something that is something that needs to be worked on in the breed but jerseys only come in black and blue points for pointed so it looks like from the picture that its trying to pass for a blue point but its very light and something i wouldnt keep in my barn but it is a picture so im not for sure..who are you planning to get her from?

Beautiful little bunny...I think you should go ahead just for the experience of going to a show. We have only shown at 4H but we are planning to go to some this year with our bunnies when they begin in the fall.

LilFish_JWQueen(:":2tmhckfp said:
who are you planning to get her from?

I'm getting them from Meg's Rabbitry in upstate NY.

I'm actually getting 19 of them, but it is all the lil girl pictured's fault. I saw her & fell in love :oops: & I couldn't help myself. Then reading over the web site I found her picture on I found out the breeder was getting out of the breed ... I made the mistake of looking at the other pictures. Well then I wanted 5 - 7 of them :roll: After that I emailled back & forth several times with the breeder & it just ended up making more sence to me to get them all.
Here are pictures of a few more I am getting:
EMR's Nina (she has 2 ARBA legs- Best of Breed NYS Convention)
[album]471[/album]
Sonny (Nina's 10 wk old son)
[album]474[/album]
Magic Wand (Nina's 10 wk old daughter)
[album]473[/album]
Meg's Fiona (she comes with 3, 4 wk old kits)
[album]472[/album]<br /><br />__________ Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:12 pm __________<br /><br />
TariLynn":2tmhckfp said:
Beautiful little bunny...I think you should go ahead just for the experience of going to a show. We have only shown at 4H but we are planning to go to some this year with our bunnies when they begin in the fall.

Thank you !

Ok but be careful what you breed together! The shadeds and tans your getting can NOT breed to your pointed you would have to get a self or another pointed. Breed the shadeds to your shaded and shaded tans. Keep your otters bred to your otters and self and agoutis...if you have any questions I'd be glad to help ya out:)

She looks good but it is a wool breed and i cannot feel the wool.density and texture are very important.my daughter raised Jersey woolies.they are sweet rabbits.

Jersey Wooleys were our very first breed and we loved them! We learned a lot from this experience. We didn't raise them because we purchased two males. In our ignorance, with a five year old and a three year old little girl standing by, we decided to let them play together - wrong idea! We didn't know how vicious two little bunnies could get! The fight was horrifying but fortunately, my husband jumped in amidst razor sharp claws and grabbed one guy up and then I could get the other one. No lives were lost and I don't think my girls will have to go to counseling over that but we all learned a valuable lesson...If they don't grow up together, they do not play together nicely! :p

Latest posts

Back