What do you think about this Mini Rex doe?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyKarli

Reaction score
My new doe. She look good? I never had some pure bred Mini Rex & was wondering how she looks to the more experienced. her name is Chocolate & she is 7 1/2 wks.

Attachments

• 100_1811.jpg
    100_1811.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 542
  • 100_1812.jpg
    100_1812.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 542
  • 100_1813.jpg
    100_1813.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 542
  • 100_1814.jpg
    100_1814.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 542
  • 100_1815.jpg
    100_1815.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 542
I think she is pretty, I do not know if she is show-able. but - "LadyKarli", have your grown a beard? It almost color coordinates, with the rabbit. :)

She is sweet & that is the Husband LOL!<br /><br />__________ Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:07 pm __________<br /><br />He can't get enough of her LOL! I keep walking out to find her on his chest!

Don't know if that sweet bunny will do well on a show table, but she's just lovely. And I'm with Piper, see more rabbits in your futures. Same think happened with mine. Willard was the breakthrough for mine. Now I have six, breeding one, and a future Flemish doe in the works. lol.

Thanks so much for sharing those pics.

Got to just love those men with that soft spot. Rabbits truly bring it out.

Karen

Are you asking in general? You did not mention anything about show, so I didn't think you wanted a show opinion. Without having her posed I can't comment on her structure, but she seems like a sweet creature.

skysthelimit":1ebqfegq said:
Are you asking in general? You did not mention anything about show, so I didn't think you wanted a show opinion. Without having her posed I can't comment on her structure, but she seems like a sweet creature.

This is why I thought show,

I never had some pure bred Mini Rex & was wondering how she looks to the more experienced

Sorry if I took your question wrong. She is still lovely though.

Karen

ZRabbits":mn0byrcl said:
skysthelimit":mn0byrcl said:

This is why I thought show,

I never had some pure bred Mini Rex & was wondering how she looks to the more experienced

Sorry if I took your question wrong. She is still lovely though.

Karen

I thought I'd ask, because people post pict and ask for opinions, and since I show, I judge all of my animals that way. I didn't want anyone to get upset if I post a show opinion, and this girl is a pet or meat doe and show quality doesn't matter (didn't want to look like a show snob).

Nah I am not showing but she better be pure bred! I have pedigree papers! Parents were Supposed to have come from some breeder called Berlena. Supposed to be known for her blue eyed Mini Rex.

I think she is very pretty! Pose her up when your husband gives you a turn to play with her, so we can see her structure. :)

Quick- :help: - someone talk me out of crossing blue-eyed mini Rex into my line of Standard Rex!

Then again... :p one might work well in the "Leonis Rex" project... :twisted:

LadyKarli":11plaoid said:
Nah I am not showing but she better be pure bred! I have pedigree papers! Parents were Supposed to have come from some breeder called Berlena. Supposed to be known for her blue eyed Mini Rex.

She sure looks Rex to me, and that looks like a vienna marked bun, so I think your fine.

:D ;) I agree Vienna Marked, not show able and not sure what you cross with as I only have blues and blacks. If you could pose her it would be easier to evaluate

Berlena is out of Cali, and is one of the best known Blue eyed White breeders. Your girl is a chocolate, and vienna marked, meaning she carries the BEW gene. I see that she appears to have blue eyes. When you decide to get a buck try and find another vienna marked, or a BEW buck. BEW lines should be kept separate from non-BEW lines and Red eyed White should never be bred in, although Berlena is famous for having used REW to improve her BEW's quickly. She does have exceptional rabbits. But for a novice its best to stay away from REW. She seems like a lovely little girl, she is not showable but is a very pretty pet or brood doe.

They are quite lovely, and I wish Standard Rexes had BEW, I might raise them. As it is, I am not a fan of REW.

Latest posts

Back