What breed do you think this is???

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bandits Bunny Farm

Reaction score
So I get an email from this guy asking if I bred rabbits that look like this....

image.jpg

He doesn't know the breed, he said that he got it from a pet store and they said that the breed was "broken black" :?

He wants to breed her (the picture is of his pet store doe), but doesn't know the breed, and neither do I..... Any suggestions???

Yeah, I knew that lol.... I also know that it's not a breed :lol: :lol: :lol: <br /><br /> __________ Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:23 pm __________ <br /><br /> Yeah, I knew that lol.... I also know that it's not a breed :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are lots of crosses that come out looking pretty much like that.

Still, an accurate color name is more than I expect from most pet shops. Not bad on their part. At least they didn't call it a "rex." (I've seen TONS of strait coated mutts being called rex this year. No idea why.)

Using her to make more pets(or meat) is still fine, especially if the pet shop will buy up extras. :mrgreen:

He could just breed her to whatever looks interesting, since who knows what could be hidden in her genetics. :shrug:

He said he wanted color like her, and I told him if he wanted brokens then he should get a solid, otherwise the babies would not have very much black, mostly white. He hasn't responded yet.

That is a very cute broken. Sigh. I have a love affair with brokens. I sold all my blacks to my sister but kept the four brokens at my house. Nice butterfly and dark ears!!! I have a nice black MR he can breed her to and get brokens. :mrgreen:

She looks like my doe Ava, who happens to be a cross between a Mini Rex and a Jersey Woolly (a.k.a. MUTT). She is adorable and if bred to a solid should give kits that look similar to her.

Latest posts

Back