West Coast Classic Reno May 2-4

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
I'll be at the WCC- I understand it is a HUGE event, so hopefully I'll get a taste of what Convention will be like. :)

Anyone else going?

Where? When? I just looked on the Search Shows page at arba.net, but couldn't find anything by that name, at least in California.

thx

It's in Reno. There are some Specialty shows on Friday, and all breed shows Saturday and Sunday.

Queenpup is showing mini Rex now, but I don't think we will make it by 5:00 on Friday for her to enter the Youth Specialty. Rex and Satin Specialties are on Saturday, so we will enter those as well as the regular shows.

http://westcoastclassicrabbitshow.com/

Woo hoo! I am going to be there on Saturday, with my American Blue senior buck and maybe my Champagne if I can get him back up to weight (had to slim him down to keep him interested in the ladies). PM me so we can figure out how to actually meet up in real life!

- Jessi

MamaSheepdog":1a3nf91e said:
I'll be at the WCC- I understand it is a HUGE event, so hopefully I'll get a taste of what Convention will be like. :)

Anyone else going?

I'm going!! I'm so excited!! Will this be your first year?

~SDR <br /><br /> __________ Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:18 pm __________ <br /><br />
JessiL":1a3nf91e said:
Woo hoo! I am going to be there on Saturday, with my American Blue senior buck and maybe my Champagne if I can get him back up to weight (had to slim him down to keep him interested in the ladies). PM me so we can figure out how to actually meet up in real life!

- Jessi

Heyyyyy I live in Reno too!! I will be there all three days. Have you been to any other shows around the Reno/Fernley/Gardenerville area? I may have seen you before at some shows around here o_O

~SDR

JessiL":1dqxijlf said:
PM me so we can figure out how to actually meet up in real life!

PMs sent! :p

SilverDesertRabbitry":1dqxijlf said:
Will this be your first year?

Yep! First time ever! I'm super excited as well. :D

My transport cages are all ready, they just need pellets, water, and bunnies added!

MamaSheepdog":23m66bmr said:
Yep! First time ever! I'm super excited as well. :D

My transport cages are all ready, they just need pellets, water, and bunnies added!

Sweet!! This is my 3rd year at WCC. It's a really fun show!

I still need to get my cages ready lol had wayyyy too much homework over the past week :shock: ! At least I have all my Broken NZs cleaned up and ready for the show. Gah still so much work lol.

~SDR

I got a PM from MSD so we can meet up - perhaps for the lurkers or others we should set a meeting time/place? How about the Starbucks on the ground floor, near the check-in counter, at noon?

Whoo-hoo! I am leaving now!

I have to go load up my friend's Satins and pick her up from a business trip she is on on the way. We'll be there this evening!

Oh- for the lurkers- I sell rabbit chew toys at the shows. I have a green wooden rack over my transport cages with lots of cute bunny toys suspended from it.

Can't wait to meet everybody! :p

WCC was so fun this weekend!! It was nice to meet up with everyone!

I got several BOVs and BOSVs with my New Zealands and several BOBs and BOSBs with my Belgian Hares.

What did you guys win this weekend?

~SDR

That is awesome!! So sorry I couldn't stay and watch all of Saturday. I will be going to the next WCC and hope to be showing some of my Dutch then. :) Your rabbits are absolutely beautiful, so glad you got such great successes with them.

Thanks to everyone for meeting up - it was lots of fun to get in touch IRL! That was a chaotic scene, such a big show - and of course the two breeds I had brought ended up showing at the exact same time on opposite ends of the room. I ended up missing lots of valuable comments on the competition. Oh well...

Anyway, thanks again! I'd say "see you next year," but there's no way I'm taking the crew down to Vegas.

Whew! What a lo-o-o-ong weekend! I had a spectacular time meeting my RT friends in person, seeing familiar exhibitors, and making some new friends as well.

I took some BOV's and BOSV's myself, but my most significant win was taking BOV/BOSV with my junior whites against the seniors in the class.

Queenpup's mini Rex sr. buck and jr. doe were consistently in the top of their class, although neither one took BOV or BOSV.

I brought thirteen junior Rex, and all but the four youngest does were entered in the show. A white buck and broken blue doe went to a young couple who are very active in showing that I compete against often, while two bucks and four does went to start a home meat production herd with the possibility of showing in the future. The sales more than covered the cost of the entire trip!!! :greedy:

I am proud to say that I showed great moderation and restraint regarding Rabbitosis Acquireosis, and managed to come home with only the five rabbits I had remaining of the group I brought.

However, it seems that it is well nigh impossible to come home without a new critter, at least for me. :oops:

Puppy-Procurosis was not so easily resisted... especially considering the puppy in question happened to be a breed of dog that I have always greatly admired and knew would be added to our household at some point. :p

Queenpup has been wanting a small breed dog to call her own for quite some time, so when I was offered this little guy, I simply couldn't resist. We had to pick him up from Davis on the way home, and fabricated a story that we were making a detour for a rabbit.

Imagine her surprise when instead of another rabbit for me *yawn*, she was given (yes, GIVEN!!!) this 5 month old male Papillon puppy:

IMG_3084.JPG

That puppy is so sweet looking. I am so happy that you did so very well in the show. :D My boys loved holding your sweet rabbits. My oldest wants to add ND to our herd... I told him when he is a little older we shall see. My youngest said "I like her soft white rabbits mostest."

Random Rabbit":cy6wc3j7 said:
MSD ... what a Cute puppy !!! The Papillons are really Smart dogs..... ( at least the ones i used to know were) Queenpup will have a Wonderful companion !!

Isn't he adorable?!?! :p

There was a Papillon in the trick class that I took my first dog to when I was 15 years old. He was the second smartest dog there- my little Frosty-dog being the smartest of all, of course! :mrgreen: I fell in love with the breed then. :)

The little guy is already attached to Queenpup. She held him on her lap during the drive home and he slept in her bed last night. He has been following her around all day, and she has plans to teach him lots of tricks! :D

Random Rabbit":cy6wc3j7 said:
also congratulations on a Good show.

Thanks! It was great fun, and I am looking forward to next year when it will be held in Las Vegas which will be much closer for us. :)

Sagebrush":cy6wc3j7 said:
That puppy is so sweet looking.

He is a darling. :)

My boys loved holding your sweet rabbits
My youngest said "I like her soft white rabbits mostest."

Awwww!!! :oops: Your boys are so sweet! Tell your little guy thank you for holding my hand while we walked together. :)

I want to go next year, since I may have my permit and will be able to take turns with my mom! ;) Of course, I would be bringing my ND's, so if Sagebrush's son is still interested I might have a few available. :lol:

Do you all know when it is supposed to be next year? If it is in June near the 14th I will surprise him with a bunny all his own for his b-day. He of course liked the grayish ones we saw. :wink:

Latest posts

Back