Well shes not pregnant :(

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavender

Reaction score
Well it turns out our doe Petunia isn't pregnant, I guess it was just peristalsis :/. I checked her vent and our other does vent and they are both very pale like an almost whitish pink, does that mean that they are not in heat or open to recieve the buck? I want some babies, not having any luck with breeding :cry:.

I would guess around 3 to 4 weeks ago. I thought I felt lumps moving around in there but maybe it was her digestive tract moving, because I could'nt feel anything last night or today.

Lavender":1cs8p29h said:
I would guess around 3 to 4 weeks ago. I thought I felt lumps moving around in there but maybe it was her digestive tract moving, because I could'nt feel anything last night or today.

But she still could be pregnant. Three weeks is only 21 days and 4 weeks 28 days, so I would have a place ready.

garden lady":hm42zbwo said:
Lavender":hm42zbwo said:

But she still could be pregnant. Three weeks is only 21 days and 4
Even if I don't feel anything.and her vent is light...I was told by someone (don't if its true or not) that if a does vent looks like that she is not in the mood or isn't pregnant. weeks 28 days, so I would have a place ready.
<br /><br />__________ Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:22 am __________<br /><br />Wow that came out weird I'm sorry my "smart phone" is dumb lol. Even if her vent looks like that and I don't feel anything?

Lavender":35k1589k said:
garden lady":35k1589k said:
Lavender":35k1589k said:

But she still could be pregnant. Three weeks is only 21 days and 4
Even if I don't feel anything.and her vent is light...I was told by someone (don't if its true or not) that if a does vent looks like that she is not in the mood or isn't pregnant. weeks 28 days, so I would have a place ready.

__________ Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:22 am __________

Wow that came out weird I'm sorry my "smart phone" is dumb lol. Even if her vent looks like that and I don't feel anything?

I would,just in case.

Ok I will put her back inside in the cage just in case, I just wish id stop losing kits and for once have a litter survive :(

Gestation is 31 days, give or take a few days either way.
A pale colored vent on a bred doe is not uncommon...or she just may not be in heat if she really isn't pregnant.
Give her a nestbox with hay on the 28th day. Replace the hay & maybe move it if she uses it as a litter box. If she hasn't kindled 36 days after the last breeding, then she likely isn't bred.

luvabunny":cvivv36l said:
Gestation is 31 days, give or take a few days either way.
A pale colored vent on a bred doe is not uncommon...or she just may not be in heat if she really isn't pregnant.
Give her a nestbox with hay on the 28th day. Replace the hay & maybe move it if she uses it as a litter box. If she hasn't kindled 36 days after the last breeding, then she likely isn't bred.

Good post, but small correction...

Rabbits don't "go into heat", they don't have a "heat" cycle. They are induced ovulators, meaning the actual act of breeding is what causes them to ovulate. Vent color is an indicator of hormonal levels and whether or not the doe is likely to be receptive to the buck. Just FYI... :)

I really hope things go well and she has popples soon! Good luck, keep us posted!

OneAcreFarm":2l0jo4gp said:
Rabbits don't "go into heat", they don't have a "heat" cycle.
They kinda do and kinda dont. They do this hormonal every 3 weeks. When they are really ready they will mount the buck. .. So they kinda do just no blood because the eggs dont drop until they are breed. Once they are breed. THERE IS no more of that. So there is a cycle just in a different way. More like a cat.

Mary Ann's Rabbitry":1kqls8ll said:
OneAcreFarm":1kqls8ll said:
Rabbits don't "go into heat", they don't have a "heat" cycle.
They kinda do and kinda dont. They do this hormonal every 3 weeks. When they are really ready they will mount the buck. .. So they kinda do just no blood because the eggs dont drop until they are breed. Once they are breed. THERE IS no more of that. So there is a cycle just in a different way. More like a cat.

Right, which is basically what I said.. :) .."Heat cycle" indicates an ovulatory cycle...which rabbits don't have. What they DO have, is a hormonal cycle, which fluctuates every few days or so, which is what makes the vent changes that we look for.... ;)

Back