Well now my Borage is trying to bloom

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmysMacdog

Reaction score
Usually borage is easy right? This year my first plants failed so I used the last of my seeds and got some plants going again. They too looked terrible and never went into the garden. Instead I kept them in pots, moving up the ones that seemed to snap out of it and grow. Still they were slow and finally have buds. They are 5 month old and are now in my coldframe. So my question is, since there aren't any bees around to pollinate the flowers I guess I should dry the flowers for the buns, or the hole plant? Let them keep growing? What would ya'll do? At this rate I could have Borage flowers for Christmas! LOL That sounds nice too! :D

Thanks Frecs, I have done it with Sarrcenias and Streptocarpus and even miniature Sinningias but it'll be my first Borage. I was younger and had better eyesight then. LOL I'll pick up some tiny paint brushes from Walmart and give it a try. Won't hurt to try it. :)

Latest posts

Back