Weird youngster.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpy

Reaction score
My last NZW doe to kindle had 11 and saved 11. I pulled her box this evening to check the condition of the large litter. I noticed a couple of "smaller" ones that should probably be culled. I had them in my hand and was ready to "do the deed" when I noticed something.

One of them was a powder blue/gray color. They've got their "five-o'clock" shadow of hair and this youngster's hair is definately different. My first thought was "blue-baby" syndrome. Heart defect? Needless to say, I put him back in with mama....along with the other small one. (A sport? Maybe.)

Grumpy.

How is it doing now?

I have a couple of mutts that throw every possible size in each litter and the last litters smallest one didnt make it, even with all the help we could give so I wish your littlie better luck.

skysthelimit":19na1afz said:
So far, any runt that lived past the first two days has lived without my help.

Ditto: Sky

I don't intervene whatsoever with any of the little ones. If they make it, they've shown the fortitude to survive without help.

The kit's doin' just fine...seems to be catching up to his siblings.

Grumpy

i don't kill babies unless they are showing a strong failure to thrive and then if I can I simply foster them over to another litter. (if I have one).

Back