Weird emails coincidence or something more?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepperoni

Reaction score
In the last month or so I have gotten 4 emails from 4 different email addresses that are so similar it's kind of freaking me out. All have been simple straight forward emails asking if I currently have any rex rabbits for sale. I respond that a have a couple of juniors, a litter about to be weaned and more litters on the way. I explain pricing and pickup policies. Now after I've taken the time to write this whole email providing age, sex and variety of everything I have for sale and their prices I keep getting the same question as a reply: "Do you have any tricolors for sale?"

No, I don't have them at all, let alone for sale. I told you what I have already.

So after finding I have no tricolors they always stop emailing. I would brush this off if one or even two people did it, but four? Within a few weeks of each other? Just makes me feel funny, ya know? I'm probably reading too much into it but it strikes me as odd and a bit suspicious.

I'm not sure what someone would get out of repeatedly asking you for tricolors. Very odd.

Could they be some sort of scammer? Sounds like the type of thing they'd do, not taking notice of what you've actually written.

Back