Website - Opinions.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been working on my website for a while, and only letting a few people know about it until I thought it was "good enough" for the public eye, lol. I've done about as much as I could for the time being, and I starting to feel like the site is missing something? So I am asking for help, or advice on how to give my site more.. Pop? Haha

http://hansenhomesteadandrabbitry.jimdo.com/

I am liking my blog site for the most part, but it never hurts to ask, lol.

Blog:
https://hansenhomesteadandrabbitryblog.wordpress.com/

Fun! What all are you planning on keeping up with on the site? Day to day happenings? I am tinkering with one as well so it's fun to look at what other people have going.

First glance I think you are missing a key word in your sales page - Any rabbit that has been deemed unhealthy will NOT be sold for ANY reason.

The last line doesn't have a period at the end like the other bulleted items.

And the first line, I would make "For Sale" more of a proper noun with capital letters and quotations (or italics or some other distinguishing mark).

I was a copy editor in HS for a number of years and my brain is still wired that way I guess :oops: . Kids are up and at 'em so my ability to focus is pretty much gone :lol: but those a couple little things that popped out to me as I glanced through.

:oops: This is why I should learn to NOT try to edit my website with my 4 year old crawling up my back. :lol:

All mistakes have been noted, and fixed, lol. Thank you, hun! I have EnglishSpot as edit of my blog, and FB page since she also has an editor brain, and I obviously that set of skills, haha. So most of the time I just make the post, and message her like, hey I made a post, it's probably bad. Look at it please? Lol.

Does it look like the site needs more of "something?" I am not sure what, I just feel like it is lacking a little.

HansenHomestead":250sdusw said:
Does it look like the site needs more of "something?" I am not sure what, I just feel like it is lacking a little.

It looks great to me! But me being me, I would probably add more pictures....you can check out my website and you will see just how into pictures I am. :lol: (Website link is in my signature) <br /><br /> __________ Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:54 pm __________ <br /><br /> Maybe add a photo gallery? :)

"Holding cost is separate from the cost of the rabbit."

So, if you reserve one you pay 1 1/2 times the regular price?

Not sure if you want grammatical errors, but there are a few.

I love the design! If I had to change anything I think I would make the strip on the side about 1/2 the size that it is now. I love the pattern but I find it a little distracting at the size it is now.

Also, I would add a rabbits section with a for sale under that. I wouldn't' expect to the the for sale rabbits listed under sale policy which is where I found them.

I had a rabbitry website, but realized that most people won't actually visit it even if you give them a direct link.

Instead I have a Facebook page for our rabbitry and people "Like" it and "Follow" it all the time. I find it's the easiest way to get people to visit (as they will receive a notification when I post something there).

Most everyone has a Facebook page these days and it's easy to get them to visit our FB page.

I believe the days of individual websites are going away unless you are a big company/corporation. :)

Looks great! I am in process of updating some of our info., I used some of your ideas, so thanks!

Latest posts

Back