weather

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:happysun:
It's surprisingly mild here in Southern Ontario for the time of year. We've even had sunshine these last few days after more than a week of gloomy skies. They say we'll get some severe weather later in the winter and we usually do, but I don't mind a bit if it holds off for awhile.

It's been cold enough here to finish the gardens but we haven't had frozen water yet for rabbits, goats or chickens. Very mild now for December in central NY and some sunny bits after a wet cloudy spell. The brooks are full and singing. Zach is waiting for the ground to freeze so he can bring out more logs without tearing up the ground.

Rainey":1ffz57wk said:
It's been cold enough here to finish the gardens but we haven't had frozen water yet for rabbits, goats or chickens. Very mild now for December in central NY and some sunny bits after a wet cloudy spell. The brooks are full and singing. Zach is waiting for the ground to freeze so he can bring out more logs without tearing up the ground.
next week the forecast here - is for lows at 0 or below--- " I will be wishing to see spring again, by the end of the month

64F here. Flies are out and about. Collards, turnips, arugula and kale are all still happy in the garden. A rose bloomed two weeks ago and the hosta are confused.

Three Angoras have kindled, but the Rex are not convinced.

This is making the flea battle much harder, though I'm not complaining. Anything is better than last year.

At this point in time, we have flooding and record rain fall. The 102 is breached it's banks and is filling the crop fields. At least everyone was able to get the fields in before it started up again. :x

It is stupidly warm here. I mean, I love the temps - 70's more days than not - but not this time of year! I want cold, Christmas weather! I don't want to have to mow in December... my plants are thoroughly confused as well. My gardenia bush is blooming, and I see other things starting to come out already, and I am pretty sure they shouldn't be. My roses bushes and all the briars are still green as well. Sheesh...

wamplercathy":2a2hkpxz said:
At this point in time, we have flooding and record rain fall. The 102 is breached it's banks and is filling the crop fields. At least everyone was able to get the fields in before it started up again. :x
Here, too. And I found a whole litter of my angora crosses drenched because the tarp gave way under all the rain. They are fine, thanks to the warm temperatures and FINALLY a bit of a breeze. But we're walking in soup all over the farm right now.... Enough rain, thank you. :(

-17 right now, :(((((( we had over 12 inches of snow on monday. I guess winter is really here…..

sunrise":2ahb30fq said:
Oh Ramjet, I just don't want to hear that!!!! :weep:

It's about 50 this morning .... I had another litter born yesterday , just 5. 1 chocolate & 4 black. Keep getting these small litters. Might have to put these does on a diet.

The 102 finally crested a couple of days ago and is slowly dropping. Had me a little nervous. Today's high 35* Sunday 57* :p :lol: :lol: Can't wait. Planning to make poop sifter. :lol: :lol: <br /><br /> __________ Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:57 pm __________ <br /><br /> Finally got around to loading these pictures. In the following the 102 river is about the length of the a football field (100yards) from our rabbitry.

003 (500x375) (2).jpg
005 (500x375).jpg

Why is it getting dark so early in the middle of May??? :shock:
No problems here. We're equipped for heat... It's just strange.
Wishing better days for all the folks in the flood and tornado areas.
Y'all stay safe.

karebru":2pia2uz6 said:
Why is it getting dark so early in the middle of May??? :shock:
No problems here. We're equipped for heat... It's just strange.
Wishing better days for all the folks in the flood and tornado areas.
Y'all stay safe.

:?: :?: We had normal length days here in Missouri in May. But that was seven months ago. :lol: :lol:

Super nice this winter, in the 70's and 80's clear up to a couple days ago, where it rained for three days straight and now it's just cold. I like winter but only for a couple days xD. After about a week of constant cold weather, I'm sick of it. Was really hoping after last year, it would be a mild winter, but I doubt it. :cry:

You know it's cold when your dog is laying on the heating vents. Our boxer has been laying on the vents all day. :x :lol: :lol:

Today's high is 17* and we got that at 8am. It has been slowly dropping ever since. It's suppose to drop to -1 with a wind chill low of -16*. On the flip side Monday's high is suppose to be 38*. :p :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back