We Lost Our Sweet Panda

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heritage Homestead

Reaction score
Our sweet ewe Panda died yesterday.
She had been sick the past week and we were treating her, but this weekend she went down hill fast.
It was so hard to see her go. I was crying all day yesterday. She was my absolute favorite of all our sheep. We bought her as a yearling and she had her first (and only) lamb on our farm. When we went to pick out the ewes we wanted all the other sheep were running away from us, but she just planted her feet and looked square at us and baaed. It was the sweetest thing. Mom wasn't so sure she wanted her, but I finally convinced her that we had not choice, Panda had claimed us. :)
I'll miss my sweet girl.

Trying to look on the bright side...
We still have Panda's daughter, Tearza who look just like her mom. How glad I am she had a ewe lamb last year! And we just noticed today that it looks like Tearza started to bag up. We still will have Panda's line going.
And it looks like we will have kittens! We got a couple of cats last month. We were going to keep one for inside, but neither worked out, so they are both outside. And Dad isn't pleased about the idea of more cats. Well, when you have a boy cat and a girl cat what do you expect? :roll: Don't think we'll be keeping them all once they are old enough to leave.

Here are a few pictures of my girl.

This is a picture taken right after we first got her.
SAM_0315.JPG

SAM_0507.JPG

This is Panda and her daughter. Panda is the one in the back. Doesn't Tearza looks just like her mom?
SAM_0621.JPG

Aww. :( I'm so sorry, HH!

Panda looks like she was as sweet as she was cute!

I'm glad you have Tearza to carry on her adorable markings and gentle temperament.

Congrats on the coming kittens. They will give you something to snuggle when you are feeling low about Panda. :)

So sorry to read this HH. The death of a beloved animal can be so hard to take.

(hugs)

Sorry you lost Panda. :( That is really hard when it is unexpected and too soon.

Her daughter looks alot like her. Kittens are so cute but multiply like crazy. to make your Dad happy, you could always spay the Mama cats and that way your Dad isn't too irritated about them. Have fun with the kittens!

Oh, I'm so sorry HH! It can be so hard losing an animal; especially those special ones that claim our hearts!
I'm so glad you have Tearza to carry on the memories of your sweet girl!

And yay for the kittens! Here's to hoping that they bring much enjoyment! :)

Thanks so much everyone.
I miss her a lot, but the strange thing is that I sometimes forget she is gone. I look out there and start wondering where she is. Then it hits me. :cry: It's amazing how they wiggle into your heart. Right now I am trying to keep myself from the "what ifs". I think that if I had only kept a closer eye on her or done something I could have kept it from happening.
Okay, enough of my pity session. Sorry about that.

As far as the kittens...
Most of us are thrilled! We can't wait for the kittens. Mom says we can't afford to feed them all, so most of them will have to go. But we hope one will work inside the house. I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as they are born. Provided Jackie does not hide them from us. :roll:

Latest posts

Back