We have kits!!!! What now?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
macksmom98":1zxcg20c said:
I am guessing since I have Hollands that they would both have the dwarf gene but who knows.

It just depends. Rabbit can be false dwarves. I've read that the only way to know, for sure, if both rabbits are dwarves is to see if they produce peanuts :shrug:

We don't appear to have peanuts...... They are only slightly smaller than the others and don't have any of the other traits known to true peanuts. They are all jumping and thriving as of today-looking fed and content. Starting to get hair! Wish I could upload a pic but I haven't found how to do that on here yet......they don't look quite as full tummied as the pictures of well fed kits on the board page but they don't look wrinkled or have sunken in tummies either, and I saw milk when I checked at last nights feeding.

-- Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:21 pm --

-- Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:05 pm --

I figured it out!!!!

Beautiful.. :D Yep momma fed them those are pretty good tummies...they look good to me no noticeable issues.. congratulations...very good job momma! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :clap2: :clap:

Thanks! They are Holland Lops:). Anyone know what colors they are? I know I have the 2 brokens, then 2 more either grey or blue. But what about that mixed colored one?

I think the one in the foreground is a black tort. The one under its chin is a tri color. The one on top is blue... The one to the left might be broken fawn?

The colors on that blue kit confuse me because it seems to have some black points... I'm not sure what that means.

-- Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:37 am --

<br /><br /> -- Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:39 am -- <br /><br /> One more pic to help with color identification (I think some of the dark spots on the blues are shadows).....and a proud first time momma, our Buttercup, peeking in at me taking pics of the kids:) So happy she's taking care of them well, she sure was grouchy and protective during pregnancy!

Looks like a solid black tort, two broken black torts, a blue and I'm not entirely sure on the top one in the picture. If in fact that darker areas are just shadows then I'd say another blue.

From top to bottom on the left side: Tri color, black tort, dilute tri color. The one on the bottom right is blue, the top one I'm still not sure of. It looks like a black tort with a blue body instead of an orange body. :shrug: I'm not sure what that means.

Thanks! That top one is the same as the other so I'm calling them both blue....just shadows making it look like that odd color:)

Latest posts

Back