Waving a white flag in defeat......for now.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChopSuey

Reaction score
I think I am going to give up on getting Silver Foxes for awhile. Fate just seems against me, this is also true for Satins as well. I get that California isn't really the hub of meat breeds but trying to get anyting but Californians and New Zealands is hard. I still may have a Silver Fox buck coming to me, fingers crossed. But I really think it is going to come down to taking a road trip out of state to get some does. That being said, maybe the fates may take pity on me and send a NZ Red doe my way.

I am hoping for the same fates to show mercy!!...I have a silver fox rabbitry selling out near me--just a trio I think, saw it on craigs list, I wish you weren't so far south!

ChopSuey":26uje66t said:
I think I am going to give up on getting Silver Foxes for awhile. Fate just seems against me, this is also true for Satins as well. I get that California isn't really the hub of meat breeds but trying to get anyting but Californians and New Zealands is hard. I still may have a Silver Fox buck coming to me, fingers crossed. But I really think it is going to come down to taking a road trip out of state to get some does. That being said, maybe the fates may take pity on me and send a NZ Red doe my way.

What part of California are you in? I have 2 litters of reds in the nestbox. I'm betting we could find transport...of course I am going to California in May, if everything goes as planned.

Oooohhhhh really? :hmm: I am in Long Beach, just south of Los Angeles. May is too far away, what part of California are you traveling to?

Thanks Rabbitgeek, I am already part of that group and not much came from inquiries there. It seems that many of the Silver Fox people on that list only breed once or twice a year. So hopefully when I inquire again in the spring/summer there will me more of a response. I did find a few breeders in other states on that list who were very nice and helpfull.

We'll be going to the Tularia/Visalia area. If you're serious, I may be able to get transport from there to L.A. Definitely something to think about.

__________ Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:14 pm __________

Wait a minute! Have you looked into reds from Manuel Hidalgo? For reds he is leading the sweepstakes points nationally. His stock is wonderful! Mine are from his lines, but he is in California. I will look up the info for you!<br /><br />__________ Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:17 pm __________<br /><br />HIDALGO, MANUEL
5821 SHARP RD
CALISTOGA, CA 94515
707-942-1461
[email protected]

I wouldn't normally post someone's info., but it is right there on ARBA's site for Judges.

Ha! I thought about making a road trip to Calistoga a while ago but found a few more local options... :mrgreen:

Thanks Paula! :) And Rececca and Shauna, if They are on here...

Though Paula knows I love road trips.

Mmmm...American Blues. I want one! I would so trade anything in the barn for one. Just what I need. Another breed...

ChopSuey":w2vqw1od said:
Oooohhhhh really? :hmm: I am in Long Beach, just south of Los Angeles. May is too far away, what part of California are you traveling to?

Seriously?! There are several fantastic SF breeders around there that I only WISH I could be that close to. Who have you talked to? It's kinda a hot spot for the breed. I don't understand.

Latest posts

Back