Watch Santana's Kits Grow!!(4 days)(pic heavy)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Since this is a dually owned litter(I own the doe, someone else owns the buck), I have been taking and posting photos daily of Santana's litter. I figured I'd make one thread, and post all the photos here, so you guys can watch the bebes grow too!! New photos will be posted in the evening(cuz I generally remember to take them at the end of the day, lol.)

1459122_10152037690967319_993989079_n.jpg

Newborn

1456753_10152043882047319_1674434329_n.jpg

One day old

1487451_10152043878872319_1275628030_n.jpg

Two days old

1475977_10152046434137319_2054307723_n.jpg

Three days old

1499447_10152049425102319_473254436_n.jpg

946699_10152049425117319_855617893_n.jpg

Four days old

Okay so correct me if I'm wrong 3 whites, 1 Tort, 1 Broken and two ? Sorry, mine only come in one color so I'm learning to tell baby colors. This was a wonderful idea by the way.

Nekkid, slight sheen of fuzz, slightly more sheen of fuzz... what will tomorrow bring? :popcorn:

At two days old in the first photo the tort looks all bruised, lol!

Once again BH has an absolutely adorable litter! :p How do you do it! :lol:
Congrats on all the healthy popples! Can't wait to see more pictures as they get older.

LilacGal":1b5h8a4s said:
Okay so correct me if I'm wrong 3 whites, 1 Tort, 1 Broken and two ? Sorry, mine only come in one color so I'm learning to tell baby colors. This was a wonderful idea by the way.

3 red eyed whites, one tort, 2 broken somethings and one solid something. I have no idea yet what colours the broken somethings and solid something are. The parents are Aa Bb Cc Dd ee and Aa bb Cc dd Ee, so I can get just about any colour in solid or broken(no chins or sables or himis). I'm hoping I can use the buck again when the woman comes up to get her kit(s). I should be able to get chocolate from the pairing, which is what I want to breed for!
MamaSheepdog":1b5h8a4s said:
Nekkid, slight sheen of fuzz, slightly more sheen of fuzz... what will tomorrow bring? :popcorn:

At two days old in the first photo the tort looks all bruised, lol!

lol yeah, until the fuzz came in I was hoping it wasn't bruising, it was Santana's first litter, so there's always the possibility of her stepping on one!

Heritage Homestead":1b5h8a4s said:
Once again BH has an absolutely adorable litter! :p How do you do it! :lol:
Congrats on all the healthy popples! Can't wait to see more pictures as they get older.

Lol thank you HH. I don't do it, my buns do! Although... I don't know any litter of bunnies that hasn't been absolutely adorable!
The plan is to continue posting new photos daily.

well, it's fairly early to be able to tell the colour on those guys, lol. I'll most likely be able to puzzle it out once they have more fur, though I'm not always good with brokens.

With what the parents carry, they could be...

Black, blue, chocolate, lilac. Black tort, blue tort, chocolate tort, lilac tort. Chestnut, opal, chocolate agouti, lynx. Orange, fawn. Red eyed white.

I wanna repeat the breeding, or possibly buy the buck, LOL. Just too many awesome possibilities!!

Bad Habit":3s1vuqmh said:
lol yeah, until the fuzz came in I was hoping it wasn't bruising, it was Santana's first litter, so there's always the possibility of her stepping on one!

So it looked like that in real life, too? I thought maybe it was the lighting! :lol:
Bad Habit":3s1vuqmh said:
2 broken somethings

The broken something at the top of the 3-day photo looks like it may be lilac.

It looks more tan then lilac in color but it's possible. Again I haven't had any kits yet so I haven't seen a fuzzy lilac to really make a comparison.

Well, add to the fact that these guys have rex fur, which seems to colour differently than regular fur...

I think that the solid something is a booted tort. That's the only colour that makes sense... I'd say maybe a torted otter, but since both parents are visibly agouti and produced a tort kit, no otter to make a torted otter. I thought maybe orange, but only if it's a smutty orange(oranges have agouti markings, right?) The edges and back of the ears are black, it has black in kind of the right places for tort... but pale belly, pale in the ears and some paleness on the face.

I think the brokens are possibly lilac and lynx. Those are just guesses based on elimination - not dark enough to be black, blue or chocolate, not the right colours for chestnut, or opal(dunno what a chocolate agouti looks like). Might be broken torts, but not black torts.

Oh well, maybe tomorrow I'll be able to tell.

Last pic (from left to right) Lynx, Tort, Lilac, Booted Chocolate Tort? I'm really enjoying this game! Does this mean I need another breed of rabbit that has more then one possible showable color? yes yes it does....

LilacGal":hrg4udxx said:
Does this mean I need another breed of rabbit that has more then one possible showable color? yes yes it does....

Yes indeed, of course it does!

Might I recommend Rex or Satins? :mrgreen:

See now i'm torn between full sized and mini on those two breeds. Minis would be easier to house, full size would be easier to eat.... I think the one Lilac doe we have right now won't be staying with us. We'll see how her litter turns out (due 1st week of Jan) but she isn't as friendly as the others and had to be force bred. The other doe we bred the same day lifted right up. Both vents were a nice deep color.

If you are planning on eating your culls, I would go with full size. Butchering isn't exactly fun, so the more meat per rabbit the better in my opinion.

If you are planning on petting them out, I would go with mini Rex, which are generally friendly although I have heard some are not. Mini Satins are known as Mini Satans for good reason, and can be nasty.

Latest posts

Back