warming chilled kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whipple

Reaction score
How do you warm chilled kits? I have 5 but I'm sure they're goners. Nails are white but not warming up in the slightest. I have them against my chest. Nails still white though :shock:

dunk in warm water, dry off and place in heated towel. You will be surprised, might save a few. Water should almost be "above warm" to you. But don't burn them.

Turn the dryer on to high heat with a few towels in it, after 5min, turn off the dryer and stick the kits inside the towels in the dryer.

I use the dryer method also. Make a hollow in the middle of the towels, put the kits in there, cover lightly with part of a towel, and close the dryer door.

I have used a microwavable gel pad, covered with a towel or dryer lint.

For single chilled kits, ladies will sometimes pop the kit into the middle of their bra.

Miss M":1o74gxso said:
I have used a microwavable gel pad, covered with a towel or dryer lint.

For single chilled kits, ladies will sometimes pop the kit into the middle of their bra.

Lucky Rabbit! LOL sorry I couldn't help myself!

I've used a heat lamp (that we use for the chicks when they sre little) before. I like the dryer method, but with so many young kids I was always afraid someone would turn it on. :x

Heritage Homestead":13b6xac3 said:
I like the dryer method, but with so many young kids I was always afraid someone would turn it on. :x

I make sure to tell everyone they are in there and also put a sticky note on the door!

MamaSheepdog":wl4h0z18 said:
Heritage Homestead":wl4h0z18 said:
I like the dryer method, but with so many young kids I was always afraid someone would turn it on. :x

I make sure to tell everyone they are in there and also put a sticky note on the door!

Better yet, just unplug it!

OneAcreFarm":32qftgc1 said:
MamaSheepdog":32qftgc1 said:
Heritage Homestead":32qftgc1 said:

Both are good ideas!
The unplugging would probably work best for me. Some of my siblings have horrible memories ("Oh! I forgot! :roll: ) and can't read yet.

I used towels warmed in the dryer and water bottles. My dryer sometimes spontaneously starts on its own, so I wasn't going to put them in there. Instead, I put a warmed towel on a pillow, slipped the water bottles under the sides to make a little corral, and laid another warm towel over the top of them. I also had a little space heater going in their general direction to keep the ambient temperature up. I just switched out towels and water bottles as they cooled. The litter I had to warm up is now about 8 weeks old!

OneAcreFarm":124znekc said:

That would require pulling a very large appliance away from the wall- the outlet is behind the washer and dryer. :roll:

MamaSheepdog":3so99ook said:
OneAcreFarm":3so99ook said:

That would require pulling a very large appliance away from the wall- the outlet is behind the washer and dryer. :roll:

Ah...well, that won't work for you then, Sistah! :mrgreen: I am fortunate to have stackables that allow me to reach said plug! :twisted:

So sorry they did not make it. :(<br /><br />__________ Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:08 pm __________<br /><br />MSD- I have the stackable washer and dryer as well. It's pretty easy to reach the plug. :)

Latest posts

Back