WAPF, anyone?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frecs

Reaction score
WAPF=Weston A Price Foundation.

It seems in recent discussions of other topics, several folks have expressed interest in and knowledge of the WAPF and their teachings. I'm going to be trying again (after Christmas) to adhere to the "Health Recovery" plan outlined in the book "Eat Fat/Lose Fat". Just wondering if anyone here also follows WAPF and would what to form a support group?

i haven't a clue.

I find the best way to lose weight is quite simply to exercise more, eat good food and not quite as much as before. Documenting what you eat goes a long way to helping with that.

ladysown":10eettbe said:
i haven't a clue.

I find the best way to lose weight is quite simply to exercise more, eat good food and not quite as much as before.

:yeahthat:

Well, I lost a LOT of weight without being able to exercise. Or, cutting down on what I ate.

I don't know what WAPF is.

I cut out ALL of the High Fructose Corn Syrup.

I started taking fish oil (3000mg. a day) and vitamin B complex.

Ate greens 3 to 4 times a week.

Cut out partial grains and eat nothing but whole grains now.

My metabolism picked up speed from the fish oil and vitamin b.

My creaking/grinding joints quit creaking and grinding.

I lost over 50 lbs. It also took care of the depression and anxiety.

I got to eat all of the sugar I wanted to and still do.

I got to eat anything and everything I wanted to as long as it didn't have High Fructose Corn Syrup in it. And now, because a study showed it caused high cholesterol, they changed it to High Maltose Corn Syrup and it has the same effect. IT makes you eat like your food was a drug because it turns off the signal in your brain that's supposed to tell you that you are full.

That's my success story and I'm sticking to it. Lost the 50 lbs. and kept it off. Without cutting back on sweets. Without exercising (couldn't because it also causes acidosis in the joints and I was walking with a cane). My joints have recovered now.

Now, that high fructose corn syrup will also cause congestive heart failure and diabetes.

My mom is a big subscriber to the Paleo movement for a healthier body, not necessarily for weight loss, but it would work for that too. She's had less arthritis and inflammation issues on that diet, and she can darn near eat as much as she wants so long as it's only meat and vegetables. And those folks are creative about how to make junk food and side dishes that make you think your eating mashed potatoes or normal chocolate chip cookies, when in reality they're all relatively starch and carb free. It's amazing. The only thing she bends the rules for is dairy products and coffee, but it's still been working.

I myself am just a big advocate for keeping moving and eating healthy, organically grown (and that doesn't always mean certified!), home cooked whole foods. DH and I have been trying to cut out the grain some and it has been helping, but we're not after weight loss so much as just wanting to still be up and getting around in 50 years. I wouldn't mind cutting out the grain and going paleo at all, though DH says he can't live without pasta, but I'm of the same mindset as my mom. Don't touch my dairy or coffee!

Even the *thought* of a world without cheese makes me shudder... :p

Back