Wanting an Oreo rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
she could also get a Vienna marked rex (assuming she is talking mini rex)

yes, I decided on a Dutch rabbit not a Rex, but i still like the Rex. :bunnyhop:

So I can get a Oreo colored rabbit! Yay!
And i agree that the babies are cute. :D

You can get fantastic Dutch from show breeders. There is a very specific color regulation in that breed, like the white can only be in a certain area of the face, etc. (I don't know the Dutch SOP)-Standard of Perfection. Which is good for you.....

Show breeders don't want perfect rabbits that otherwise don't conform (colorwise) to the standard and will sell them as pets.

dutch are very very particular about markings. I have not shown but when I had mine it seemed the show people were like 90% nail the markings, 5% color, 2.5% shape and weight, 2.5% other. and even in full show lines the markings in a little can vary a lot and have a lot of mismarked. although on the plus side I guess a lot of the good breeders learn to tell what newborns markings will grow into bad markings so they can cull pinkies and get better growth on the better marked kits.

so, when i go get my bunny i make sure that i get one with good markings. got it. :cheer2:

Latest posts

Back