Waiting for kits and going insane!!! Update- Pics

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a runt that we lost from our litter too...sad, but that is the way things are. It was just too small and weak to keep up. I tried holding it to nurse too. Are either of your rabbits dwarf? If not, it could not have been a peanut, just a runt. If I am not mistaken, peanut happens when the kit gets "dwarf" genes from both parents. Happy that you have 8 healthy kits! Congrats!

Mountainrabbits, I LOVE the broken too. Heck, I love 'em all. What am I talking about ;) But, I'm especially fond of him/her.

Oneacre, Thanks!! That's my understanding with peanuts as well. I know that the doe is part mini rex but the buck is supposed to be full standard rex but, if Pip was a true peanut then the buck would have had to be part MR too. Not sure if it can even happen that way or if both parents would have to actually be MR and not just have MR in their background? My understanding of rabbit genetics is severely limited (I'm still learning :) ) so Pip could have well just been a runt.

bun crazy":224n0ix5 said:
Mountainrabbits, I LOVE the broken too. Heck, I love 'em all. What am I talking about ;) But, I'm especially fond of him/her.

Oneacre, Thanks!! That's my understanding with peanuts as well. I know that the doe is part mini rex but the buck is supposed to be full standard rex but, if Pip was a true peanut then the buck would have had to be part MR too. Not sure if it can even happen that way or if both parents would have to actually be MR and not just have MR in their background? My understanding of rabbit genetics is severely limited (I'm still learning :) ) so Pip could have well just been a runt.

Yeah, :lol: , mine too! Your little one looked just like the one I lost, and mine are all purebred Californian. That is why I chose Cali's, less genetics to keep up with! ;)

JT_Hunter":zbfif4f7 said:
Yea but Cali's look like "Devel Rabbits"... :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yup, makes them easier to eat! :twisted: I mean, who could eat a BEW Netherland Dwarf? :benice:

More Pics!! The 8 at 4 days :D

image.php

Broken and black or chocolate. I'm leaning towards chocolate.
image.php

The three "grays". Two that are marked and one that's solid
image.php

The three I figure are going to look just like their momma

I knew they grew fast, I just never thought they would grow this fast!!

Back