Wahoo! Success!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ever since I got my herd buck, Peyton, this last winter, I have not been able to get him to drink from a water bottle. He came from a breeder that just does crocks, along with the doe I got. She switched over easily. He REFUSED. I tried everything. Peanut butter, jelly, I even blended up some good greens in my Nutri-Bullet and slathered them on the valve. Nothing. :?

Yesterday, I decided to try one more time. I put my husband's homemade strawberry jam on the valve and he LOVED it!! Wahoo! He's drank half the bottle as of tonight :) I just took out his water crock, so we'll see where the water level is in the morning, but I think we've finally done it! Hooray! :p All that water changing was getting on my nerves. LOL!

That's really smart... I've never thought of putting something on the bottle to make them want to lick it, lol! Congrats on the success and thanks for the tip!

Lol!

When I made my valved buckets for the growout pens to replace the gravity fed crocks, I used strawberry jam, too. My poor buns had to make do with organic store-bought stuff, though. :roll:

I'm glad he finally figured it out! :)

I'm gonna remember that one, I've never thought to put anything on the valve either. Thats a great idea. I always kept a bowl and a bottle in the cage until I was sure they were using it well. :)

What a great idea! One of our rabbits refuses to use the valve water bottles. I'm going to try this tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back