Vienna gene

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailwagging

Reaction score
I want a buck to keep to breed back, sooo I get 7 does out of a litter of 9.
there is 1 blue buck with a teeny tiny triangle on his nose. does that mean he has the Vienna gene?

woohooo!!
At lest there is one!!

there is two others with triangles, one opal and the other fawn but both does =( you know if I had wanted does I would have gotten mostly bucks...
I am trading two off for a pedigreed FL White buck and an agreement to getting a doeling later.

There is also a spotting gene that has nothing to do with the vienna gene. the only way to tell is if the rabbit has bew in its background. if it doesnt then the rabbit just has the spotting gene.

A nose triangle is highly unlikely to be the broken gene. The nose is one of the areas it often leaves dark unless the rabbit is excessively white. It starts with body spots, boots, or the dutch pattern and expands from there rather than starting on the nose or face like the viena gene often does

Im not talking about the broken gene. there is also a spotting gene which casues unwanted white hairs and qwhite toenails. it is a problem in many breeds.<br /><br />__________ Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:53 pm __________<br /><br />Im not talking about the broken gene. there is also a spotting gene which casues unwanted white hairs and qwhite toenails. it is a problem in many breeds.

Does the triangle look like this? This buck here is a Opal VM out of a Bew and Rew

508CIMG4450.jpg

yes one of the buns looks like that.
the other two (yes I kept all three :roll: ,the two does too) have smaller Vs.
I'll get pic some time.

Latest posts

Back