Video of Tistel giving birth in the colony :)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zab

Reaction score
The colony was quiet. Too quiet. All does sitting in different parts, as on guard posts.. but pretending to be all natural and eating and such. They normally sleep together in a pile at that time of day.
I knew something was up. Something unusual. And then I saw it - Tistel the Grey was missing.
Quietly I opened the door. I gave the does around me a cautious glance. They looked so innocent.. but I knew better.
She must be here, the grey one. I looked at all the hiding spots I knew of. I was sure she was building something, a Nest to bind them all. I was wrong.. so wrong.

(Disclaimer: the text above may have been modified for a dramatic effect)

Well, I found her givig birth :) It's the first time I've seen a rabbit giving birth and I'd figure I'd share it. :) I filmed one kit but then left her alone. I do love to see how the other does behaved, leaving her in peace.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nraf5LMI5Y[/youtube]

Very cool! I love your set up... taking mental notes for when i get to build my own, my 2 colonies live in pens in the barn, ive had 2 litters in the breeding colony.. ironically, I use covered litter boxes for them to nest in... just put ''em in, and bed them adn they use them over the other hiding places, so thats a plus :) what kind of doe is that also?

Thank you :)

BusterHill: Thank you, nice to hear about your does :) She's a Svensk Pälskanin or ''swedish pelt rabbit". <br /><br /> -- Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:11 pm -- <br /><br /> The kits are all doing well this far :)
I hope for an otter coloured doe with a bit of red in the otter colour. Several of them look to be otters, I just wonder if/how much red that will show up..

And tomorrow I'll go and get a champagne d'argent buck. Named Silvio..:lol: Perhaps he can get friendly with that otter doe later on ;) Or if Bestla get a tan doeling...

1897742_656472521054460_1565794981_n.jpg

I put Loki and Peta out to the grow out pens, the two smaller ones. I dispatched the last of the older grow-out bucks so both those pens were empty. It'll be nice for the boys to get some extra space.

My plan is to put Silvio in Lokis cage, it's standing alone, away from the colony. And then keep back Tjalfe from that litter of hare-checkered giants... because he's soo sweet and I do like how he's looking. So I'll have 4 bucks.. and rotate them betwen the cages and the pens. I have one smaller cage I could use if I need to. If the doelings can't stay in the colony untill they're big enough, I can place a buck in that cage and put the doelings in the outdoor pen.

Back