Very Comfortable Show Rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

downonthefarm

Reaction score
I took my daughter to a show this past weekend and we saw something pretty funny. One of Stacy's competitors had a mini lop doe that would do what we call the "dead bunny flop" every time the girl put her in the show box. The rabbit laid on her side, totally comfortable, waiting to be judged. When the judge picked her up, she was as limp as a rag doll and still laying on her side. The girl said she does this at every show.

Janine

wish harvey and wold would do that. Both freak out and try to get out. Harvey I understand but wolf acually likes rabbit show...

I've got an American junior that I suspect will be like this one. She runs around and tries to avoid being caught, but then just goes limp. Not resting-on-her-side but it's like handling a bowl of jello without the bowl.

sigh..and then there's her sibling (younger generation). Best blue in the litter and screams loudly when you pick him up. Calms down in a few moments and then looks around happily, but those first few moments... well, I always hope there's no one walking by the house at the time. :cool:

I mess with my rabbits frequently. Sounds cruel but after being roughed with when young they stay calm on the tables and handle being prodded at.
One of my most relaxed brood does charges until she's picked up. After you've got her she lets all of her body weight go and she'll dangle. I'll roll her over and play with her dewlap till she falls asleep.

Latest posts

Back