Velveteen lop questions

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was looking for information about velveteen lops and found some old posts, but nothing recently about them.

I am most interested in breeds that are very friendly. I only have enough space for one breed and want to make the right choice for my family.

I would mostly be raising for pets. What about their pelts? It's rex fur, but can it make a decent pelt? That wouldn't be a reason to raise them, but wondering for culls.

I would love to hear from anyone breeding vlops currently and see pictures too. Old threads mostly have pictures that are no longer available. Thanks!

I don't know much about that breed. I would suggest breeding Mini Lops or Mini Plush Lops, two very popular breeds, Mini Plush Lops have that soft coat you are going for. They are small and sell very, very well. Velveteen are not as popular.

I don't know much about that breed. I would suggest breeding Mini Lops or Mini Plush Lops, two very popular breeds, Mini Plush Lops have that soft coat you are going for. They are small and sell very, very well. Velveteen are not as popular.
Thanks for the input. I have seen the mini plush lop and they look very cute, but I haven't met any in person. I thought they were more known for being sort of overpriced, but if they truly are a friendly pet breed, then I'm potentially interested. I know they aren't recognized by ARBA, but vlop isn't either. I thought that was still being worked on, but if neither breed can be shown, I want whatever is truly the best pet.

Vlops and mini plush lops are both known to be very friendly breeds. Mini plush lops being smaller might be easier to handle. They will however be harder to breed because (if I’m not mistaken) they are dwarf breed rabbits and this means they will have peanuts, etc.

Vlops and mini plush lops are both known to be very friendly breeds. Mini plush lops being smaller might be easier to handle. They will however be harder to breed because (if I’m not mistaken) they are dwarf breed rabbits and this means they will have peanuts, etc.
I do prefer the look of the vlops a little bit, but also see how the plush lops are probably very appealing in general. I would rather not deal with peanuts, but space is a consideration...so hmm. I feel like I just need to get my hands on some in person to really know.

Latest posts

Back