Uuugggghhhhh

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CochinBrahmaLover":3s03u71d said:
dayna":3s03u71d said:
LOL I hated Alaskan winters so much I moved to Hawaii.
LOL... Sounds like a plan to me. Couldn't stand the heat or humidity to raise animals, though. That being said, I'm near planning to move to Australia come to the time. Haha. But I love the wildlife there.

Perhaps somewhere else... I would prefer having cold winters & cool summers then warm winters and HOT summers..

Sweden! :D You need to move to sweden!

Winter:
61691_1265335305.jpg

Fall:
977482_582152771819769_76707767_o.jpg

Spring:
Crow_in_water.jpg

And summer:
vagnDSC_0015.jpg

You definetly want to move here!
(Disclaimer: It may rain up to 90% of the year. No refund for water damages.)

dayna":1jbuqk6c said:
LOL... Sounds like a plan to me. Couldn't stand the heat or humidity to raise animals, though. That being said, I'm near planning to move to Australia come to the time. Haha. But I love the wildlife there.

Don't move to Australia! It's not even summer here and it's already really warm and humid. I've got a friend who lives just about as south as you can get (southern tip of Tasmania) and although winters get near freezing the middle of summer is known to get near 100 degrees F... we just can't win!

Oh I LOVE Australia. LOVE LOVE LOVE! It's too awesome, I NEED to visit sometime!

I was thinking Sweden, but If I move to Sweden might as well move to Washington. Mild winters, good summers, LOTS of rain. But at least Sweden would be Awesomer since its... Well, Sweden.

LilacGal: Yeees.. move here! :D Everyone should move here and we'äll have an RT meeting here! :D :lol:

CochinBrahmaLover: Precicely! It's awesomer! :D

Great Zab, sounds like a plan, haha.

Ok, so I just realized both does are 13 days since last breeding. If they didnt absorb the kits, and since its only going to get progressively colder.... Anyone ever had kits born in -30 to -40 ? We have wood chips as bedding, but will be buying hay towards the last week for them to Munch on & build nests (we don't feed hay much if at all). But other then that... Hoping both does will kindle within 10 hours of each other, since if they do, I can get a dog carrier, fill with hay, let them pull (plus, more kits, more fur!) and then they'll be happier. And they'll nurse each others kits! But, if they did absorb, that's fine, too. Even if all the kits die I still have snake owners who'd want them so no matter what happens, I suppose I'm set, but I want live babies D: I want to show them at my school for the kindergartners, and if they don't take, ill have to rebreed in Febuary & hope their born in March.

then again, i do have a colony setup so when I say 'I'll have to rebreed' I mean 'I hope they'll rebreed', lol,

I have lived in:

Mississippi (born there)
Anchorage Alaska
Denver Colorado (twice)
Pensacola Florida (twice)
Georgia
New Jersey
Texas
Arkansas
Kentucky
Virginia (twice)
North Carolina (twice)
South Carolina

In my younger adult years, I dreamt of returning to Alaska and homesteading. Now, as I'm older and hobbled somewhat from fibro, Alaska doesn't sound so good anymore. Colorado and Texas are tied as my favorite places of all. But, I don't foresee leaving my little homestead...I have lifetime rights...love that!

This year all I want for Christmas is a good snow. It snowed the year before we moved here and not at all now that we are here. It has been cold and a little frosty every winter for the 3 1/2 years we have been here; no snow! :x

Umm, Frecs, you have to be crazy to homestead here :lol: at least in Fairbanks. Some of the other parts might not be too bad,

Hey, it's like 0 outside. :cheer2:

bobqdevon":2j59dz0y said:
CochinBrahmaLover":2j59dz0y said:
Hey, it's like 0 outside. :cheer2:

Having a warm spell Cochin? :rotfl:
0 i-is warm.... Right? :shrug:

On a side note, we've started free ranging the rabbits, and so far only lost 2. One last night (caught this afternoon), and one tonight, I expect to see him in the morning as well. And last night 2 rabbits looked themselves up, this night 3 did! And I only let 4 out (the rabbit that was caught today I decided not to let out until everyone else knows to go in at night and such). So I'd say 3/4 is pretty good, :cheer1:

Yes..yes 0 is warm :p

Interesting.. have you free ranged before?

Nope, first time. Rabbits either get hungry easy or get cold easy, because my chickens first time ranging (note: 'free ranging' in this case means running around the yard that is fenced in) they'd stay out there all night!

Back