Uuugggghhhhh

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CochinBrahmaLover

Reaction score
Guess what.
Just guess.
Tonight it's supposed to get to -30 to -40

What?!?! :x it was just 0 outside! No! I want warm! The animals want warm! No! Don't do it Mother Nature!!

I hate interior alaska. I mean, choose. Either be hot, or be cold. I DO NOT appreciate this whole 'haha, summers are FUN at 90F' then this whole 'Oh... Yaaaahh tonight it's gonna be -60'

I don't like heat, which is why I like Alaska. It's not too hot, really. I like cold, actually, but not when is sprung upon me so suddenly. But then we decided to live in interior Alaska, so I get the awful of both - super heat, super cold. And not to mention winter started SUPER late this year, but at least it started with a bang - a storm! Oh yay.
At least I'm not in Dead horse. I couldn't handle winds.. :x I can't stand anchorage, Valdez or Chitna because of it. But Valdez is pretty fun. Haha.

Ok, so who else is getting a phobia of cold now? The snow is gonna be crap now - before I could've made a snow Man! Guess I better g o shovel some woodchips...

CochinBrahmaLover":2oyys2n6 said:
Guess what.
Just guess.
Tonight it's supposed to get to -30 to -40

What?!?! :x it was just 0 outside! No! I want warm! The animals want warm! No! Don't do it Mother Nature!!

I hate interior alaska. I mean, choose. Either be hot, or be cold. I DO NOT appreciate this whole 'haha, summers are FUN at 90F' then this whole 'Oh... Yaaaahh tonight it's gonna be -60'

I don't like heat, which is why I like Alaska. It's not too hot, really. I like cold, actually, but not when is sprung upon me so suddenly. But then we decided to live in interior Alaska, so I get the awful of both - super heat, super cold. And not to mention winter started SUPER late this year, but at least it started with a bang - a storm! Oh yay.
At least I'm not in Dead horse. I couldn't handle winds.. :x I can't stand anchorage, Valdez or Chitna because of it. But Valdez is pretty fun. Haha.

Ok, so who else is getting a phobia of cold now? The snow is gonna be crap now - before I could've made a snow Man! Guess I better g o shovel some woodchips...

I start panicking when it gets under 10 degrees, your animals must be super cold hardy!

it hasnt been too bad here low 40's the last 2 days. Next week though it will only be in the upper 20's :shock: Not really looking foreword to that! I love snow but don't like bitter cold.

It's been near 70 here for the past several days. The trees still have beautiful leaf color.
I hate cold. I'd never make it in Alaska. It rarely gets below 20 here. To each his own, I guess.

I hate the big fluctuations too !

Sunday I was running around the farm in a tee shirt and jean 'cause it was so balmy (14 C = 60 F) and 12 hours later it drops to freezing and we got snow!

Just make up your mind already ! !

I can handle the cold no problem and so can the animals.. It is the wind that I hate .. it has been so windy here for the pass 2 to 3 days. It makes the cold seem so much colder.. I was doing the bunnies this morning.. it is minus 2 with the wind it is minus 9 ..

I hate being cold (born and raised in CA). guess that is why I am in SC.

I have been in -15 before, Brrrrrrrr, but never -30 to -40! OMG! BRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
And like what Mary Ann said with wind it really sucks. I hate cold too. Makes me wish I could hibernate until spring! :lol:

I don't mind cold either, but as Dood said - make up your mind!!

Squid pop - I've even been outside in -60 ! :O I think the coldest was -70. The schools got canceled it was so cold. Recently we had 3 days off because it rained, and stormed, and was windy. I hate wind. You can stay outside long as you like, but do you WANT to stay outside? :lol: if that answers your question.

Mary Ann - I'm with you. The wind is awful.

Well the rabbits seem to be ok, the Rex mixes are a bit cold but other than that everyone's fine. One of the pigeons is cold, too, poor baby, he was a pound rescue, think maybe he used to be a house pet or something.

Ok I won't complain about having to start using the heater 2 days ago. I also won't complain about having to wear a sweater in the mornings. I'm such a wimp.

CochinBrahmaLover":1rqi38fa said:
I don't mind cold either, but as Dood said - make up your mind!!

:lol:

Squid pop - I've even been outside in -60 ! :O I think the coldest was -70.

:shock: I can't even imagine that!!!

The schools got canceled it was so cold.

Good heavens! How cold does it have to be to cancel school? If we get a dusting of snow here, its cancelled because nobody knows how to drive in it! :lol: or maybe just because we don't see it very often.

Mary Ann - I'm with you. The wind is awful.

Well the rabbits seem to be ok, the Rex mixes are a bit cold but other than that everyone's fine. One of the pigeons is cold, too, poor baby, he was a pound rescue, think maybe he used to be a house pet or something.

Poor little things, hope it warms a little for you! :)<br /><br />__________ Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:58 pm __________<br /><br />Oops I tried something new and it didn't come out right. How do ya'll do that? [sigh] :)

I think it got down to 20 below (F) in Cheyenne when we lived there as kids (our father was in the Air Force). Of course, as kids, once it's cold, it's just...cold. You can only put so much on, then you can't move! We were drifted in more than once (the leading street of housing facing the--Plains? surely not prairie in Wyoming!).

As to this last weekend, even in the S.F. Bay Area, the temperatures dropped about 20 degrees F (12 deg C?) overnight. I wore my coat for the first time this season yesterday.

But in light of the tornado damage on Sunday, this is so minor to me. The killing power of air and water in Illinois and in the Philippines the week before just overwhelm the mind.

Mother Nature is certainly having her way with us all these days. All I can say is, Keep a varied suite of warm clothing at the ready!

dayna":2k8y40ay said:
LOL I hated Alaskan winters so much I moved to Hawaii.
LOL... Sounds like a plan to me. Couldn't stand the heat or humidity to raise animals, though. That being said, I'm near planning to move to Australia come to the time. Haha. But I love the wildlife there.

Perhaps somewhere else... I would prefer having cold winters & cool summers then warm winters and HOT summers..

I would gladly trade you. Alaska is my dream place. Hunting, fishing, near as wild as it gets anymore in certain places.

As long as I have a wood stove inside to warm up I can stand the cold, it's the heat I can't do. Anything over 85 anymore and I'm miserable.

You can always put more on, but if you take too much off it becomes illegal. :p

PSFAngoras":2k3dn9wy said:

And--speaking as a survivor of Panama, Texas, Florida, and Georgia--even if you're down to a bathing suit, it's still Way. Too. Hot.

Muggy, too, esp. in Panama, Florida, and Georgia. At least San Antonio was relatively dry.

PSFAngoras":31euylzt said:
I would gladly trade you. Alaska is my dream place. Hunting, fishing, near as wild as it gets anymore in certain places.

As long as I have a wood stove inside to warm up I can stand the cold, it's the heat I can't do. Anything over 85 anymore and I'm miserable.

I love the hunting here is pretty cool. We live right off the woods, and my friend (whose like a bazillion years old) has shot 8 wolves here! :shock: we also have had grouse just fly by us, or land right in front of us. They're pretty stupid. Haha. I think one time we got 8 in a single trip (we hunt lazy with them - just drive the truck, spot one, pull off, shoot it, repeat). The rabbits here are huge too, but you can't really see any until every 7 years. Every 7 years the population BOOMs and then you can just bag rabbit after rabbit ! :p
We aren't hardcore hunters, we've tried getting moose & caribou but haven't succeed yet. I have a couple different disabilities so I can't help my mom much when we're out walking & packing, so we want to either take horses or train some pack goats... Haha, they've even got laws on when you can / can't have goats / sheep since they'll bring in deer. We have a bit of elk in the western region, and have 2 large (though shrinking) caribou herds. We also have sitkan deer & black tail deer in a few spots.

And picking berries in the summer is AWESOME! Not to mention heading down to Chitna to dip net!
I'm not much of a hiker, though there are some pretty cool trails, too.

Latest posts

Back