Updates from our Rabbitry- New popples

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asinaway

Reaction score
Have not been on for awhile, life seems to take me for loops at times! Feeling really selfish and mad for my infertility problems so have been keeping to myself. Started going to church again so hoping to get my mind all sorted together agian.

Anywho lets see oh yes, We have had a horrible dry spell of kits this year so far, my bucks would not breed, and the does would just not take once the bucks finally figured out they were bucks and should be breeding and not cuddling like lovers.

My Broken castor doe bred to my broken red finally has given me five kits last night, thank the lord! Did not see any broken reds but that's okay, thinking of taking one of the does I hope I have and breeding back to the dad.

I'm really nervous for this litter, she's an awesome mom but her last litter killed me emotionally. One by one they started getting weak and then just died. They were not even in the food stage yet, had just opened their eyes. After it happened to the first two, and then saw the signs in the last three I quickly had culled that litter. I'm almost sure it was due to lack of milk supply, since the doe has showed no sign of illness, so I pray this will not be the case this time.

Did not get a good look this morning so I'll have to get you guys pictures tomorrow when I bring them inside. We are currently suffering from a flood, it has non stopped rained since Tuesday. Our rabbit shed sits about four inches of the ground, and the water was inside the barn. We just got to the shed in time to get all the buns on the bottom cages to higher ones. It flooded that quick we did not even have time to realize it would flow into the shed. We saved ourselves from a disaster just in time! This is why I put all foods, and hay cubes in plastic tubs.

Hello there,

I hope this all gets better for you. I have several friends who have/are going through the same thing, one finally got pregnant and had her twin girls last year, another just had her baby girl yesterday, and two are still trying. I have no idea what it's like to want kids and not have them, but I do know what it's like to want something very badly and not be able to have it, so I pray that the peace of G-d will come to you (I'm still praying that for myself as well).

Had the awful no kit spell since last August, and now I have a fountain of popples. I am still waiting on one special litter.

Hopefully mama Castor will have a healthy litter this time, and that rain will not cause too much trouble. Got 3-4 inches from Superstorm Sandy, and the floor boards have never dried. I sure learned a lesson.

Latest posts

Back