UPDATE: Popples have arrived!! **PICS**

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR_ND

Reaction score
My blue Polish doe is pregnant! Ugh! She wasn't supposed to get pregnant until after the fair at the end of July. Uno and her had other ideals, they must've done it through the wire is the only thing I can think. I had them caged in a hutch (they were separated by wire) for a short while until I got her hutch done.

I hope I can have the kits weaned and hopefully she'll be in okay condition, if not I'll just have to take Expresso (black Polish doe) and Uno (broken chocolate Polish buck). I will be curious to see what the colors are, but still why couldn't she waited and then they could have been in the same pen to have more fun? lol

She had 5 yesterday afternoon ( June 19th ). They all appear healthy and the same size, I'm pretty sure that none of them are peanuts! Yay! There are 3 solids that look black but they are a bit lighter on their stomach and 2 brokens (not sure of their colors either) one has a nice pattern the other is either a charlie or false charlie, not sure which. I was surprised when I peeked in the nest and found 5 kits! That's the biggest live litter I've ever had, my Mini Rex always had 4 in their litters, one had 7 but they all died.

Attachments

• SAM_1858.JPG
    SAM_1858.JPG
    376.7 KB · Views: 382
  • SAM_1857.JPG
    SAM_1857.JPG
    381.8 KB · Views: 382
  • SAM_1856.JPG
    SAM_1856.JPG
    357.8 KB · Views: 382
  • SAM_1855.JPG
    SAM_1855.JPG
    353.5 KB · Views: 382
  • SAM_1854.JPG
    SAM_1854.JPG
    366.6 KB · Views: 382
Birds Buns N Bees":3lupn6bp said:
How do you know she's pregnant?

Her appetite has increased, she has put on quite a bit of weight and I can feel the babies.

Attachments

• SAM_1853.JPG
    SAM_1853.JPG
    352 KB · Views: 382
  • SAM_1852.JPG
    SAM_1852.JPG
    448.8 KB · Views: 382
  • SAM_1851.JPG
    SAM_1851.JPG
    470.5 KB · Views: 382
ek.blair":3uvicfwz said:
Well, you were correct! :lol: They are some cute babies too! :cheer2: :up:

Question: Can't you only get a charlie if both parents are broken?

That's what I was thinking so I'm thinking false charlie, because it doesn't have enough dark color to be showable. Once it's old enough to sell I'll sell it as pet. I wil hang onto the rest to see how they develop, before making decisions about which to sell or keep.

Thanks Miss M.

Congratulations on the handsome kits!

And thanks for making me sure to never put a doe and a buck in adjoining cages. :p

lol Marinea.

Some not so great news, one of the solid ones died yesterday evening, I have no ideal why. It wasn't any smaller or bigger than the rest. The others all seem to be doing fine though.

So sorry for the loss. It happens sometimes, and it doesn't seem to get easier. As long as the others are doing well, and you are keeping a good eye on them, you may have to chalk it up to an "oh well".

Again, sorry.

Thanks Marinea.

Is it possible for a broken chocolate and a blue to have black and broken blacks.

The kits are a week old and to me they sure look black, when I compare them to Expresso my black doe it convinces me even more they are black. Is it possible they will lighten up?

I have 3 does and 1 buck the true broken is a buck and the rest are does.

Latest posts

Back