Update on Luna.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Once again I made my way to the garage to check everyone. The one thing I did notice about every single rabbit I've got.. They ALL seem a bit on edge, a little extra active, and jumpy. I went down the line, and stopped at Luna's change. (the doe that has had belly movement for a week.) She has been in her nest box almost all morning. Chewing away at alfalfa, and stomping it around a lot! Usually I just reach into her cage, and place my hand under her, and feel her tummy. Now anytime I had done that in the past week she did not seem to care. Today I did it, and she let out a whimper? Maybe? Not like a grunt that some of the other girls have done, but Luna has never been vocal with me. I sat, and watched her, and I'm not sure how to describe it. She would sort of twitch? Like she would be chewing at some hay then throwing her head back randomly, then go back to chewing. No kits yet, but the whimper thing sparked some extra in me. Again I have NEVER heard a peep from her until today.

This might be a stupid question, but is she chewing the hay and throwing her head back? Or trying to gather it in her mouth? Mine will get a piece or two, then throw their head back to separate it from the rest of the pile and continue on until they have what they want and can then add it to or reposition it in the nest.

Mine is just tossing it around, and eating some, like only she knows what she's doing with it. Did you have Luna before you thought she was pregnant? I think any new behavior that involves hay COULD be nesting behavior. And when they et pretty far along most of them HATE having their tummy, especially underbelly touched. Mine has swollen teats and I think that's bothering her, another pregnancy sign.... But the only 100% sure ways to know are palpating, ultrasound, or when she gives birth.......ugh. I know, I hate the waiting too....

Latest posts

Back