Update from College (SO picture heavy!)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cattle Cait

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Long time no see!

For the new folks out there, I am Cait (obviously, from my screen name). I used to be very active here on RabbitTalk until I left for college last fall and became oh so busy. I am attending a progressive, experiential college in northern Vermont. I study Sustainable Agriculture and Agribusiness.

Here is my face, in case anyone has forgotten what I look like. As some may remember, I enjoy taking pictures of myself. Hazards of growing up part of the selfie generation.

Last time I left you guys, it was fall, I believe. I spent a lot of time gleaning for the Vermont Food Bank...

...teaching my coworkers and peers how to process rabbits...

...and visiting Ben & Jerry's.

My milkshake brought this boy to the yard. His name is Vanya, he is an incredibly skilled woodworker from the Moscow area. This is him cooking me the best borcht I've ever had. We have been together for four months now, almost five.

I got a job working with the absolute most beautiful miniature lion. Her name is Bear. Together we will conquer the world.

I even found out that I have family in the local cemetary. This is odd, considering I'm a native Michigander and no one ever mentioned that we have lines in Vermont, let alone the exact tiny hamlet that I moved to. This is Ephraim Morse and his lady friend, Damaris. NOT his wife. How scandalous!

In December, my Outward Bound class took a four-day, twenty-five mile hiking trip through the Lowell Mountains. My instructor says I did just fine. I cried the whole time.

We slept under tarp shelters...

...but we got to see this view...

...and safely made it home with only five evacuations.

This semester has started off great. I'm taking some hard classes, but somehow I find time to get some artwork done. My Etsy store is finally up and running, and I have pieces in a local shop.

Long story long, I'm having a blast! I miss being a RabbitTalk community member, and I hope to stop by on occasion and say hi more often :) I got promoted to a supervisor position on the school farm, sort of. I also manage the rabbit herd and perform colony and grazing research.

That's it! Thanks for reading! Miss you all! :bunnyhop:

Hi, Cait...looks like you are having a blast! Miss you..still enjoying your blog though... and I do believe that you will conquer the world :D

Wow! I can't express how happy I am for you and how well things are going for you.

I hope you will stay in touch and keep us up to date.

*hugs*

How to slaughter a Rabbit?!! Outright Putrid Evil Stupidity. Frightening.

Apparently, you have not browsed the forum...We have several members that raise rabbits for food. If this offends you you are on the wrong forum..Try House Rabbits. It will probably be more to your liking. :)
And by the way, we are not evil or putrid or stupid..The people here are some of the kindest most caring folks you can interact with..And quite intelligent as well..

This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=266390#p266390 .

BunBun, Cute and Sweet,

Rabbittalk is an all inclusive forum for people who own rabbits as pets, show animals, fiber producers, and livestock.

We all love rabbits and have come together in order to share information to better the lives of all rabbits, whether they are destined to live 8 years or 8 weeks.

There are plenty of forums on the internet dedicated to people who view rabbits as pets only, and one of these may be a better choice for you if you cannot get past the thought of rabbits being used as meat animals.

If you make any further disparaging comments about rabbits fulfilling their traditional and natural function- that of serving as a protein source to animals and people- you will be permanently banned from RabbitTalk.

Respectfully,

MamaSheepdog

__________ Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:50 pm __________

UPDATE:

CattleCait is being targeted by ARA fanatics on FaceBook (and elsewhere) for her workshop. It is likely that our new member BunBun, Cute and Sweet is a part of that group.

Please email the College PR representative at [email protected] to show your support of Cait's workshop.

:thankyou:

The member who registered as BunBun, Cute & Sweet sent an over-the-top email to the administration at RabbitTallk about the warning given to her by MamaSheepdog.

As a result, we have sent her to Freezer Camp.

MaggieJ":244vli5u said:
The member who registered as BunBun, Cute & Sweet sent an over-the-top email to the administration at RabbitTallk about the warning given to her by MamaSheepdog.

As a result, we have sent her to Freezer Camp.

Good, but a waste of our freezer space 'cause I'm sure not going to use that carcass. I vote for the landfill.

Seriously though, thanks for keeping RabbitTalk a welcoming forum and for protecting us members.

How to slaughter a Rabbit?!! Outright Putrid Evil Stupidity. Frightening.

I know they have been sent to Freezer Camp, but I am compelled to believe they will read this. They went to the trouble of registering JUST to reply to Cait's post, after all.

Hello BunBun.

I completely respect your views regarding animals and how you want to see them treated. I don't agree with ALL of your views, but some I consider valid.

Here's the thing, though. I am going to guess from your post that you are young. Maybe in your 20s. You are closer to the "You are", "No, YOU are" style of childhood "debating" than the ways that adults rationally discuss topics on which they disagree. And, in a nutshell, that mindset is the biggest issue I have with those who are rabid supporters of ANY subject. They spout ugly words, usually attacking those who dare to have a different opinion, and never make a single rational point explaining their viewpoint. And when that happens, minds get closed to listening, and nothing is accomplished.

In the future, if you really want to have even a chance of making a point and changing a mind, keep it rational and respectful. In case that's not clear, leave out words like "putrid, evil, and stupid" You will get further.

Actually just popped around to warn of the impending influx of ARA's and Rabbit "Advocates" due to the post on FB. Also hoping that Cait is not being harassed too deeply through FB/her blog/her school/her linked in/whatever else they find. According to the Rabbit Advocacy Network on FB, the butchering workshop was cancelled, though they continue to target Cait, to the point of openly stating they will be watching her with the intent of disrupting anything she may have planned in the future.

Just to remind everyone, there is a REPORT button at the top right of every post. PMing one or all of the Admins and Mods to try to grab attention faster would be extremely helpful in addition to reporting. Also, posting in the chatbox is surprisingly effective, as especially MSD and I have banned a lot of spammers from notifications there.

Hopefully, we won't have the ARA influx. But if we do, we're ready. We on this forum all know what a unique and wonderful slice of internet we have here, and I know that all of you are just as ready to defend it as we Mods and Admins are.

5d3811845a94c772a1bfc15b323c21ef.jpg

I know that I will be watching the registrations, just like I did with the Ohio U incident.

the reluctant farmer":x9xcawyk said:
Seriously though, thanks for keeping RabbitTalk a welcoming forum and for protecting us members.
You all probably have no idea how much you do to help us keep RT running smoothly! I think we have the mostest awesomest members on any forum anywhere! :hooray:

Love that pic, Mom! :hooray:

I think it will be easy to spot the "intruders", if you will. They probably will be here for the same reason as Bunbun. To attack a member as quickly and harshly as they can manage before they get this...

banbun.jpg

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Miss M":q4o2sffo said:
Just to remind everyone, there is a REPORT button at the top right of every post. PMing one or all of the Admins and Mods to try to grab attention faster would be extremely helpful in addition to reporting. Also, posting in the chatbox is surprisingly effective, as especially MSD and I have banned a lot of spammers from notifications there.

Hopefully, we won't have the ARA influx. But if we do, we're ready. We on this forum all know what a unique and wonderful slice of internet we have here, and I know that all of you are just as ready to defend it as we Mods and Admins are.

View attachment 1

I know that I will be watching the registrations, just like I did with the Ohio U incident.

the reluctant farmer":q4o2sffo said:
You all probably have no idea how much you do to help us keep RT running smoothly! I think we have the mostest awesomest members on any forum anywhere! :hooray:

Galadriel":q4o2sffo said:
Love that pic, Mom! :hooray:

I think it will be easy to spot the "intruders", if you will. They probably will be here for the same reason as Bunbun. To attack a member as quickly and harshly as they can manage before they get this...

View attachment 1

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Love the pics!!! :happy2: :happy2: :happy2:

Personally, when I see someone who signs up just to harass one of the members, I be like...

niftysaber.gif

I think they're attacking the wrong forum.... we've had pages and pages of spammers flooding LopRabbitsUSA. :p

Finally had to set ip ban ranges on the cpanel level.

Seriously though... sorry to hear that Cait is being targeted. :(

Bring em on.....

I have never raised an animal, killed, and eaten it. I don't think I could personally do it.... at least not unless I had to put down an animal that was suffering, and even then, I'd probably have a hard time with it. That being said, I do recognize that people have and will continue to eat meat for thousands of years and have no issue with someone, somewhere dispatching and butchering livestock..... as long as it's done humanely. I wish that every single piece of meat I eat was owned, cared for, dispatched, butchered, and packed for me with as much compassion as the meat rabbit folks on this board. Butchering any animal can be carried out in an evil, putrid, and yes, stupid manner, but if anyone thinks that's what's going on among members here, they're barking up the wrong tree in a forest on another friggin planet.

Latest posts

Back