Uhhh rabbit birthing. What in the stars is she doing?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millinex

Reaction score
Got up this morning, she had 2 popples, no nest. So I made her a makeshift nest. I felt her abdomen and could feel more babies inside. Now she is building a nest and pulling fur... This normal to give birth on 2 nights instead of 1?

Not really, many things can cause the mishap, from health, food to stress and so on. Are they normal in size? Is she straining to have them?

Yes. I had a doe give birth to 2 one morning but stopped when I walked in on her and then ended up having the rest 2 days later.

They are normal in size, she wasn't straining from what I could tell. She's being very grunty and such. Maybe I startled her this morning really early before work.

Could have startled her which made her stop. That is what happen to me when my doe was giving birth but she ended up having healthy kits which I ended up selling once they was old enough. So I believe your doe and kits should be ok.

Shes a first time mom, didnt nest for the first 2 but appears like she's going to nest now. Hopefully she does better than the other first time mom I have going right now..

Latest posts

Back