Ugh, Some Rabbits...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
I forgot that I cannot bring my Holland Lop doe into the house. Brought her in with her kits, as I had people coming over to pick out a rabbit and they wanted to see mom. Left her in because I'm lazy and didn't want to go back outside after the night feeding.

Woke up to find she'd dug every bit of her litter material out onto the floor, and was currently working on trying to dig all of the urine out of the cage as well.

Oh well, so much for bringing her inside for the winter... Guess I'll just have to bring her nestbox in and out and hope they don't freeze.

Well, she ended up outside because I'd tried everything I could think of, short of changing litter(which I won't do because I'm not going to spend extra buying litter to satisfy just one rabbit.) I had intended to bring 4 or 5 does in over winter, so I would be able to do some breeding without worrying about them freezing. I have at least 4 does(all lionheads) that are suitable, and my other Holland Lop doe is fine as well, so I'll leave the digger doe outside, and if it's really a problem, foster her kits over.

I had to deal with that only one night... the night before our first doe kindled her first litter. What an insane mess! She was inside out of necessity, but she went back outside as soon as possible!

Latest posts

Back