UGGGH could it be the light

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckcs

Reaction score
For the past several weeks, I have been pairing up several of my rabbits. All have been bred before successfully. The does will not lift.

Elop Buck to 2 Elops Does
Vlop Buck to 2 Vlop Does
3 Misc Bucks to 1 Misc Doe

The Misc Doe finally lifted when I introduced the 3rd buck and he was successful 3 times.

My Elops and Vlops have been stubborn before but not like this. I've tried ACV, BOSS, his cage, her cage, new cage and no luck. The bucks are interested, it's just the does will not lift. I'm wonder if it could be the light. They are only getting 9-10 hours of light each day. Please note that all of my rabbit are inside at a constant 68 - 72 degrees year round. If light is an issue can I just turn on the lights for them at night? I work evenings and live alone so it's dark when I'm not home.

I would try increasing the hours of light. Can't hurt to try! My buns are also inside, 3 of the 4 caged get plenty of light. My one cage is a huge plastic crate, I have a light aimed in the front. Hoping it works lol

Latest posts

Back