Two feet of snow dumped

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
Took me at least 20 minutes to dig my way out to the rabbitry.

another 20 minutes to clear snow off the tarp.

took me almost 2 hours to do chores that normally takes me 45-60 minutes.

wow...

so...how was YOUR snow this morning?

That's a lot of snow for so early in December! Sorry you had so much extra work to do, Ladysown.

We've been fortunate, so far. Just a dusting here, not enough to cover the ground. But your snowstorm could be headed our way... I'd better go check the weather forecast!

PLEASE!
NO SNOW!!
We had a dusting and I'm sure there will be
more coming shortly for a L O N G time!
I am not in a hurry, I could do nicely without it.
It should snow only on Christmas eve, and then just enough
for Santa to get his sleigh off the ground! :thankyou:
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

You know, I think I've had quite enough snow and cold weather. I'm ready to move to a warmer climate. I may regret it this summer in Houston, though.

We have a 20% chance of snow tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be more than an inch or two, and NO ICE!

Here I was complaining about having to go out and breed the rabbits when it was 35 degrees this morning! That's cold for here in TX.

well, went out to check on my litter that was born last night (they were slightly cold this morning so I wanted to make sure they were okay). ALL my shovelling has been totally undone.

BUT on a positive note...remaking the nest, adding some cardboard, some more fur and a runty bunny from another litter totally did the trick. The three new wee babies are all snuggly warm. :) AND momma pulled more fur making it an excellent nest. :) SO YEAH!!!! for good mommas. I'll leave runty baby in there for three days or so and then put it back with the other litter as I don't want to stress a small polish doe out too much raising four kits. But that will get those three babies with the start of a fur coat and hopefully give runty bunny a good boost.

AdamsFamilyFarm":15gm5wg6 said:
Here I was complaining about having to go out and breed the rabbits when it was 35 degrees this morning! That's cold for here in TX.
LOL! 21 here in the Texas Panhandle this morning!

They took the snow out of the forecast for tomorrow, but looking at the satellite, I'm not convinced we WON'T get any.

It got down to about 30 here according to my weather station. May have been colder in the area. Last week they had a 20% chance of snow tomorrow, but they took it out. I did see where we could get a few sprinkles tomorrow night. If it's cold enough, I guess it could be snow. We'll just have to see!

I got a little over a foot here, drifted up higher in places. I just came in from two hours with the snowblower. It's still snowing pretty good, though, and the north looks dark so we'll see how it is in the morning.

The temps here have been dipping into the 20's at night lately, and the people at work freaked out this afternoon when I told them I have yet to fire up my home's furnace this winter. I guess the 6 years I spent in Alaska, preceded by a year in Iceland, 2 years in England and 5 years in upstate New York have exposed me to enough cold weather to get me climatized.

Lovely. :shock: I come home from vegas to this :p

The snow has drifted so bad on the way to the barn that its above my head.

This is the third snow day in a row for us here too.

It has been cold here too about 40. I live very close to the water so it stays warmer then inland. I wonder if we will have a cold winter like last year. North Fl got to see snow.

We (lower wisconsin) got maybe 3 inches the other day, then another 3 yesterday. Expecting 4 or so tomorrow (saturday) but then we go into the -10F range for a few days. :cry: It was very much like driving around in a Currier and Ives print today on the way home..all blue sky, fresh white snow on everything including the cows in the pasture :lol: There are a few farms that raise highland cattle (long red colored hairy beasts) near us...they were completely covered in fluffy white snow. Looked like big abominable snow creatures!

Sunday night is just gonna SUCK here :(

Latest posts

Back