Two bucks no does

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogers92

Reaction score
I'm just starting out so things are a bit slow. I want to have a breeding pair of meat rabbits and a breeding pair of smaller rabbits to sell as pets. I started off with a standard rex buck.. I just got my smaller buck today. They had their first interaction and it actually went really really well. The rex didnt seem aggressive, he was sniffing alot tho. Anyone know if this will continue to be the case or if it's just the initial meet?

Pic of my newest.. his name is bugs 😂😂

Attachments

• 20220214_132357.jpg
    20220214_132357.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 4
Oh I hope not. The size difference is ridiculous. I'll be getting the does in March. And bugs likes to be held.. not like roger who tries to scratch my arm off. Hes a jerk. Lol but I still love him.

I think that you can house two bucks together but if there is even a little bit of doubt on your side that they are not going to be good together then don’t keep\put them together. if you are use then I am pretty sure that they are going to enjoy to have company.

I would not house bucks together. I have personally witnessed the castration attempts of one buck upon another. It’s cruel to subject a buck to this possible abuse, and it’s real and it happens.
⬆️⬆️⬆️
I have to agree with KelleyBee and advise extreme caution when bucks are together. My favourite buck died from getting his testicle torn off from another buck through the wire of his enclosure.

Some bucks do bond and are fine together, but they are usually neutered or don't have a doe around to make them hormonal. If you're concerned that they'd be lonely, just get them each a doe 😜

Back